Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Looking to turn Raw again.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 08, 2007 07:39AM

Hello all.
I've been thumbing through the "pictures of you" section to see what 'going raw' really has done for everyone. It is quite amazing what everyone has gone through to become who they are today.
I myself had once read "Fit for Life" by Harvey Diamond and began practicing the methods taught in that book. When I started following those guidelines, I was 6'2", 260 Lbs. 22 years old, Running 3-4 times a week, rock climbing twice a week, and worked for Raley's Grocery store as a Courtesy clerk/Cart collector. In 4 months I dropped down to 220, showing a huge differnce.

Since then I have gained much of it back, excusing it with "i'm a student and cant afford to throw away food given to me." Trust me, as a Student, you are given sooo much crappy food. I am having huge difficulty understanding how everyone is able to live a raw food's life with ease. I find it very frustrating every time I go out with friends, to find the food choice's very limited.

Now, I'm back up to 255lbs, stopped rock climbing/running and drink coffee 3-5 times a week. Heres a pic of me when I was 240 3 months ago:

I really, REALLY want to drop it down to the 210's or even 190's. I've been overweight most of my life and find it extreamly difficult to stay disciplined in today's america.

So basically.. I'm asking Help. What Can I do? what should I do? Are the Local Farmer's Market better than Organic? Do I really have to go 100%?

Thank you to all who've listened to my ranting's smiling smiley

Sincerely,
-Jeb

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Looking to turn Raw again.
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 08, 2007 03:09PM

Hey Jeb. Great/intelligent questions.

-It's not an 'all-or-nothing' proposition. Just make a commitment to slowly increase your percentage intake of the fresh fruits and vegetables that you love over a lifetime.

Suggestion:

-Write down a list with 2 columns. Write what you think are your WORST food/habits on one side. Write down what you think are the BEST foods/habits for you on the other side. Leave space under each item. Then brainstorm and write down 3 VERY SMALL goals under each item. Include timeframes for each item. Check to see if you are making your goals / timeframes....and check them off as you go! If you are not making them....break those goals/timeframes up into smaller chunks.

-Journaling and writing down your calorie intake can help (especially at first) to make you aware of what foods you are eating that are completely wrecking your intake (high calorie, high fat, low-nutrient.....vs....the opposite...ha! ha!).

-You don't HAVE to eat organic....you don't HAVE to go 100% There are no raw food police...and no guru that knows everything....and no rule-book that has to be stuck to. There IS a plan that is right for you....based on your goals and needs.

-Let us know what you think. Myself and the other wonderful folks on this board are standing by to assist you with our own experiences and opinions.

-David Z. Mason

Re: Looking to turn Raw again.
Posted by: tristani ()
Date: March 08, 2007 06:49PM

Hi GuyJeb, i totally understand what you are going through. It's very difficult to go raw when there aren't many accessible raw restaurants or stores to find the food. and it's expensive. maybe just try it little by little until you feel you can go 100% raw. i myself have been struggling with it but i believe in the raw way of eating and will someday be 100%. even if you jsut do 1 meal a day raw for a while then ease into to 2 meals a day. that's about where i'm at today. i wasn't able to go 100% right away for many reasons and was beating myself up about it. (which isn't the best thing to do) so i realized that if i keep it in my mind then one day when it's right, i'll be able to be 100%. keep you head up high and go at your own pace. we're all here to support you and not judge you.
thanks, Laura

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables