Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

what fruits/veggies are high in fat?
Posted by: minou33 ()
Date: March 13, 2007 01:41AM

I was wondering if someone could tell me which fruits & veggies are high in fat or recommend a book or internet source where I can look it up. I know avocados and olives are of course... but I was looking at Gabriel Cousen's book and was shocked that a major criticism of his diet is that it is too high in fat.

This is something I have never thought about in my diet...until I received Mike Anderson's The Rave Diet and wa surprised to see that the reason whole grains are at the bottom of the Rave Diet food pyramid is simply because they are low in fat. And according to Anderson, all grains can be easily replaced with low-fat vegetables & fruits. Of course--there is no mention of what fruits & veggies are low in fat...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what fruits/veggies are high in fat?
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: March 13, 2007 01:59AM

Coconuts, avocados are high in fat. Durian is about 30% fat, high but not like avos or cocos.

Vegetables typically don't have that much fat.

Re: what fruits/veggies are high in fat?
Posted by: GotVeggie ()
Date: March 13, 2007 05:48AM

I never knew durian was that fatty.. The things smells sooo bad!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables