Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Day 7 on Raw. Yeah
Posted by: Tadey ()
Date: March 12, 2007 03:26PM

Should I be posting this anywhere special.

Tadey

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Day 7 on Raw. Yeah
Date: March 12, 2007 04:20PM

Yay you! Wasn't that fascinating advice Pam gave you on turning an oven into a dehydrator? I was stunned.

You could start a post All About Me in the raw diary section, but I think it is nice to have this kind of post here, too.

Peace out,

Megan

Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: March 14, 2007 01:53AM

Ya raw diary section is your best bet. we have a little support group there.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Posted by: Rian1213 ()
Date: March 15, 2007 10:05AM

hi anyone out there. Read a book last week and I went raw straight away. Fasted on nearly water for 3 days then I went into fruit and veg after being a complete "normal" healthy diet. I am feeling a lot of weird things in my body and mind. I need to share with some of you out there!

Date: March 15, 2007 01:43PM

Hi Rian1213

You didn't say the name of the book. I'm so happy for you. What weird thing are you feeling in your body and body. Please share.

Date: March 15, 2007 03:55PM

Susan Schenck's "The live food factor", I must admit. I feel feverish, my bum hurts I am hungry or maybe I just miss the feeling of being full of starch and biscuits. I wonder if I should just have some cooked rice or something, what do you think?

Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: March 15, 2007 06:21PM

No rian1213 you are going through detox symptoms your body is ridding itself of toxins and chemicals....allow it to work it's magic you will feel better soon!! good luck...if it becomes too much then add some steamed veggies.....
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: March 15, 2007 06:48PM

BLENDS SOME GREENS(ANY KIND) AND A COUPLE OF BANANA'S. THAT SEEMS TO WORK FOR ME. ALSO TRY SOME NUTS.
THANKS FOR THE NAME OF THE BOOK.

PS- I MENT TO SAY MIND AND BODY. NOT BODY AND BODY.

Date: March 15, 2007 09:30PM

Thank you guys!!!! I had the biggest salad of my life, lots of greens, some pepers, some seeds, half an avocado, etc but my body just wanted greens. my body feels better now, but I find I am so irritable and sharp tempered. it's like living on a permanent blown up PMT. Tell me that's normal and it will go away!

Thank you so much for your support. I live in England so it's nearly bed time for me. Then I'm away all weekend in London. I dont know how I'll cope with eating raw outside home. Any way, I'll try to stay in touch with "my lovely supprot group"!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 15, 2007 09:36PM

I am a newbee to raw living and I am loving every minute of it. I have been raw for 3 weeks now. I would like to know how can you turn your oven into a dehydrator?

Date: March 15, 2007 11:26PM

Hi Msbraids

This is what someone name Pam on this board told me.

There's a couple of things you can do. You can turn the oven on its lowest setting and then leave the door propped open 3 or 4 inches.

The other thing you can do is make a cord with a light bulb attached to it. I've done this before but I loss the instructions and I threw the contraption away quite awhile ago. Anyway, the instructions didn't really help me. Standing in the Home Depot looking confused was how I did it. A kind electrician helped me and he had half the parts I needed in his pocket.

Basically, you can cut the connector end off a regular extension cord. Then you get the right type of double wire and light bulb holder thingy in the electrical section. You strip the ends of the extension cord and the double wire and attach the two together. Then you attach the light bulb thingy. Put in a 50 watt light bulb and drape it across the top of the oven door, then close the door. Viola! You have a dehydrator. You'll want to use an oven thermometer to check the temperature right next to the food. You may need to use a smaller (or bigger) light bulb or prop the door open a little. You will need to rotate the food because the heat will be uneven.

I hope this helps. Sorry I can't be more specific. But any electrician in the aisles of a Home Depot could help. The clerks used to be able to help, but they aren't as knowledgeable as they used to be. Good luck!

Pam

Date: March 16, 2007 01:30PM

Help guys! I'm in my 7th day. I am SOsososososo hungry!!! I feel very light headed. I now have very painful piles and wonder whether I should take something for them or even if I should eat some rice or something. Please help!!!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 16, 2007 03:05PM

thanks Pam. That seems like it was a lot of work. I guess the best thing to do is invest in a good dehydrator

Posted by: Asnerek ()
Date: March 16, 2007 09:55PM

Awesome!
I'm newly back on raw...same number of dayssmiling smiley
Detox is not the most fun...but hang in there!
It's soooo worth it.
I like to eat tons of greens and a few nuts when I am feeling like I want richnesssmiling smiley

Lovers don't finally meet somewhere...they are in each other all along
Rumi

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables