Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Diabetic with chest pain
Posted by: Tadey ()
Date: March 25, 2007 08:05PM

I'm having 3 green smoothies a day with Romanie lettuce( but most of the time its a spring mix salad) bananas,celery different fruits. When I'm hungry I have raw nuts. Should I be having more to eat? I'm hungry all the time. I have chest pain alot but it's not the heart (hospital ran test ) I'm light head at times. But since going raw 100% my sugar is between 80-122. I been raw since 3-6-07
Maybe I should be EATING more salads. Are there any fruits or vegtable I should be staying away from.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Diabetic with chest pain
Posted by: uma ()
Date: March 26, 2007 05:25AM

For me the following is important, but from what I've read it is particularly important for a diabetic doing raw: to learn about and follow food combining with regards to nuts and fruit. If you eat fruit too soon after eating nuts (which take way longer to digest), the fat will hold up the sugar being absorbed from the bloodstream, messing with the blood sugar. Doug Graham's The 80/10/10 Diet has a good explanation of this.

You might try using an online calorie counter to make sure you are getting enough calories in a day. Most people when they get into raw, don't realize quite what a volume of fruit they must learn to eat! I sure didn't figure this one out for quite some time.

Love,
Uma

Re: Diabetic with chest pain
Posted by: Tadey ()
Date: March 26, 2007 08:07PM

Thanks so much. I order the book I can't wait till it comes.

Thanks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables