Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Dry hair falling out..
Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: April 11, 2007 02:43AM

Over the past month or so I've been losing like a handful of hair a day. It's getting really dry and the hair that ends up in my hand or in the brush is really, really dry and dead-er(lol for lack of better description)

- I haven't really changed any way I wash it..which is maybe twice a week and I use Castile soap and Avalon Organics conditioner (Not the best, but best I can find)

- My diet..I've been eating more fruit than usual. Although not really been balanced or 100% raw either. Im addicted to apples. lol.

- Unlikely it's protein..But maybe I could use more of that Nutiva Hemp Protein for the amino acids..

- Low on EFAs is possible.. I quit nuts/seeds a while ago because I tend to binge..

- My PH sucks. I'm almost always "Acidic" lately. I'm actually waiting for some stuff I ordered online to help fix that faster. And someone told me I could be lacking "mineral reserves" from a fast I did in Janurary.

Any juices or anything I should try supplementing with before going to the doctor and getting a blood test? Maybe flax oil? It's possible my thyroid meds is off and on the low side but that seems to be unlikely too because I don't really have any of the usual symptoms with it.

If I can change something about my diet to try and fix it, how long should it take? I rather try and fix it before going and getting a blood test because of other reasons I wanted to avoid it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2007 02:50AM by LikeItOrNot.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dry hair falling out..
Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: April 12, 2007 11:58PM

If you are on thyroid meds, you should have your doc see if they need to be adusted in dosage. The raw diet could be causing you to need less or more. Also, get to know all the essential nutrients your body needs, then see if you are lacking any. Nutrients are good smiling smiley Love your body and don't deprive yourself of them.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables