Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Today has been a good/bad day for me.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 12, 2007 06:51PM

I'm about 2 1/2 weeks into my raw journey and it was my Boss's birthday. Well, he loves to go to breakfast at Cracker Barrel so because I don't like any of the whole fruits that they have (I only like them blended), I went ahead and ate bacon, eggs and toast. What a shock to my system! I've not been 100% raw, but I'm very surprised how unsettling that food is in my system. We ate at 10:30 this morning and it's 4 1/2 hours later and I still don't want to think of food. My stomach is so upset, and my bowels have made it very clear that they hate me. I can't wait to go home and rebound to hopefully flush this stuff through quicker.

My good note though, I always make him a cinnamon coffee cake, which I love to eat the batter of as I make it. This morning I didn't even want any batter. Licked the beaters and that was it. I don't even have any desire to have a piece of the cake! So I have made some progress.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Today has been a good/bad day for me.
Posted by: tristani ()
Date: April 12, 2007 07:01PM

razberry, i had the same exerience yesterday. i've only been 100% raw for a few days but yesterday was my b-day and i just got a little crazy with cooked food. my tummy was the same way. very mad and upset with what i had put into it. i also don't feel too hungry for cooked food. no cravings at all today. so far anyway. it's so weird for me to feel those things which i have felt before but never realized it until i started raw.

Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: April 12, 2007 11:53PM

OMG, the health food store here makes a killer vegan sunshine cheesecake pie. It is my weekness. It's super healthy in moderation & I won't trip out because it's cooked, because I enjoy the 5%-25% of my diet that is not raw, just as much as the 75% - 95% raw foods I eat.

Don't be hard on yourself, you don't deserve that. And I agree with tristani, that when I eat something cooked, it makes me crave more raw foods the following days.

Posted by: tristani ()
Date: April 13, 2007 05:20PM

hey rawwr, you said that you are only 75-80% raw. what else do you eat cooked. i'm trying to go 100% but i had to have some brown rice with black beans last night. i feel good today. no tummy trouble. i've seen your pics and you look great and sound happy. i didn't crave "bad" cooked food but something hot i guess. i thik as long as i eat whole cooked foods it won't be so bad until i can go 100% raw.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables