Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Adrenal Fatigue: Please share your experiences
Posted by: daisyduke ()
Date: April 13, 2007 04:12PM

Hello everyone!
I have adrenal fatigue. I have been taking forced rest since December (since overexercising/underresting was the cause of the adrenal fatigue). I eat high fruit/low fat (meaning I have only eaten overt fat twice in 1.5 years). But I am gaining weight like crazy!!! I can't take it anymore! The doctor said it must be my body healing itself, and I know that's important but I just can't take it anymore. Has anyone else had adrenal fatigue? How long did it take you to recover? Has eating higher fat helped anyone? Thanks for sharing. Love, Tammy

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Adrenal Fatigue: Please share your experiences
Posted by: tristani ()
Date: April 13, 2007 05:52PM

wow. how frustrating. i'm so sorry you have to go through this. i wish i had some words of wisdom but i only have words of comfort. have you checked your thyroid? are you puffy? i've seen alot of people go through a slow thyroid and they gained a lot of weight for no apparent reason. when theywent to a doctor an started on some medication, they lost the weight very quickly. i know medication sucks and maybe there is an alternative way to fix whatever problem it is. well, good luck and keep you head up high. you will get to the bottom of this.

thanks

laura t

Posted by: Connie Boo ()
Date: April 13, 2007 08:26PM

Tammy

Could you tell us what fruit and what greens you are eating. I have tried many things and low fat seemed to help. I was eating sweet fruit and greens for awhile and things were getting better. Then things seemed to start going a little backwards again. Eating citrus and alot of citrus and laying off the greens seems to be helping.

People with adrenal fatigue usually lose weight. Maybe your thyroid is bad too.

Are you taking Pregnenolone, DHEA, or licorce to give your adrenals a rest so they can repair.

I'm out here guessing too, so I would like to know what you have tried. I think the correct diet, alot of rest, and plenty of sunshine is going to be the key.

Posted by: dancerinthenight ()
Date: April 13, 2007 09:53PM

I have read about a lot of persons who end up with adrenal fatigue after following a fruit diet - Not everyone - But some people seem to react this way. 99% of the articles recommend a protein and veggie diet - Saying that protein (beyond what is in fruit) is necessary to restore them. I don't have a particular dogma - Just check it out.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: April 14, 2007 06:51AM

daisyduke,

Perhaps the symptoms you are experiencing have less to do with what you are eating and more to do with the habits that made you sick in the first place: the lack of rest/sleep and the over exertion. If it were me, I would catch of on my rest and sleep until the adrenal problem disappeared, and then take a look at diet. Certainly eating more fats or proteins than you need will create toxicity in the body. What do you think?

Posted by: dancerinthenight ()
Date: April 14, 2007 06:54AM

Bryan:

I love how you hold firm to what you believe in and present it over and over in such a kind and loving and nonjudgemental manner. Super cool!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables