Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Ambushed by my own parents!
Posted by: cfd7f ()
Date: June 27, 2006 05:00PM

My parents are up for the week visiting and they brought with them the MOST delicious guava pastries from Miami (a Cuban delicacy) and I could not resist! I have loved those things my entire life and they are definitely my favorite food in the world. So, needless to say, I ate several of them (my wife even had one, which is funny because she is so careful about being 100% raw, but these things are irresistible). We were AMBUSHED! Happily, woke up today with no non-raw cravings (and gave the babysitter the rest of the pastries to take them out of the house. Boy were they good, but boy do I feel like I ate a mack truck! Back to my green shake for lunch today to start evening it all out again...

Raw Daddy -- livin' raw and lovin' it

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ambushed by my own parents!
Posted by: luna_sky_1 ()
Date: June 27, 2006 06:14PM

That sounds like something my mom would do,too! "here, honey!You aren't eating right! I made you some chocolate chip cookies." Are we like that with our own kids? Goodness! I hope not! ! ! LOLOLOL! ! !

Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: June 27, 2006 08:22PM

Ahh yes, we've all had stuff like that happen to us. There are a few vegan restaurants that do that to me, especially when in San Francisco. Oh, and that great NY Pizzeria that has non-casein vegan cheese pizza. LOL. The authors, Jameth and Kim Sheridan have always said that it's nothing wrong with indulging every once in awhile. They do it themselves. This is certainly not going to mess up your digestive system. Anyway, sounds like they were yummy. I've never had them before but I'll bet they were good!

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Posted by: RawGuy2000 ()
Date: June 27, 2006 08:24PM

I look at it this way. If I eat any cooked food, I will die. That's how I look at it.

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: June 27, 2006 09:32PM

RawGuy2000 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I look at it this way. If I eat any cooked food, I
> will die. That's how I look at it.

Well that's one way of looking at it. Maybe I could convince myself that was true also!

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: June 27, 2006 09:48PM

My thoughts:

-Eat what you want & want what you eat! winking smiley

-David Mason

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: June 27, 2006 10:01PM

RawGuy2000 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I look at it this way. If I eat any cooked food, I
> will die. That's how I look at it.

You are going to die any way, so what's the point? ;-)

Posted by: cfd7f ()
Date: June 28, 2006 02:37PM

Wow Rawguy2000, what a lovely sentiment.

I agree with DavidMason -- eat what you want to eat. And yes Luna, we probably are that way with our kids -- God help them!

Raw Daddy -- livin' raw and lovin' it

Posted by: Brand new heart ()
Date: June 28, 2006 07:13PM

Ambushed by my own parents!

Is that true? If you didn't think you had to eat them, would there be a problem? What about; "Ambushed by my own thinking". Could that be just as true or even truer?

-Eat what you want & want what you eat!

Yeah. If it's within your integrity, eat it! Who cares about sickness, if what I want is to eat it, so I will. I'm free.

I look at it this way. If I eat any cooked food, I
will die. That's how I look at it.

Yes, the death of your identity as a rawfoodist that you hold so dearly. If I hold that concept I will eat raw and no price is too high - becoming deficient in nutrients - starvation. I don't care what happens to me! That's not how I want to treat my body. If I eat only raw food, I will die. Could be just as true with a poor diet.

Posted by: vegangoddess ()
Date: June 28, 2006 07:47PM

I think it`s fine and hope you enjoyed it.

As for myself I allow myself to indulge in pleasure foods as long as they are vegan.

It`s just food after all. I mean raw food is great and all but it`s not the reason to live. All animals eat raw and that in itself doesn`t make life meaningful and wonderful. ( I might get bashed for saying this!) There are more important things in life than food.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables