Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

the best daily eating regime
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 15, 2007 09:12PM

I am confused with all the contradictions around. As a result, I just am not sure what raw way is really the most grounded and provides the best balanced harmonious diet. At 54, I have been going in and out of raw for five years now...
Years ago I had a teacher in Dr. Randolph stone, the father of polarity therapy, who was a forrunner of all this, and suggested a vegan vegetarian diet that was almost 100% raw...
I really do not want to buy a bunch more books, Doug Graham seems to be pretty looked up to, what does his book say to do?
thanks so much
Spiralwoman

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: the best daily eating regime
Posted by: jono ()
Date: April 15, 2007 10:15PM

An ideal diet for me would include all of the following fresh raw foods: blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, cherries, grapes, pistachios, macadamia nuts, almonds, walnuts, pine nuts, durian, oranges, kumquats, tangelos, jackfruit, pears, mangoes, avocados, coconuts, bananas, pak wan, spinach, celery, carrots, kale, grapefruit, blood oranges, mandarins, tangerines, starfruit, apples, figs, watermelon, guavas, pineapples, cherimoyas, pumpkin seeds, sprouted sunflower seeds, fresh dates, mangosteen, strawberries, snowpeas, some fresh bee honey/pollen, and fresh raw pasture fed dairy, plus all the other things i want to eat but cant think of right now.

In terms of macronutrient ratios - carbs, proteins, and fats... it just depends on what makes you feel best... books can be great resources, but your body and mind is the greatest resource of all smiling smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 16, 2007 12:25AM

I avoid any one and everything from the natural hygiene movement. Too many contradicting, emaciating rules and limitations.

Instead I like Gabriel Cousins, Sapoty Brooks, Rhio, Annette Larkins, Gabriel and Thomas Chavez.

elnatural_1

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: April 16, 2007 12:34AM

Spiralwoman,

His books focus on eating less raw fats and more fresh fruits. Most raw foodists when they start are eating over 60% of their calories from fat. For myself, when I first started, my fat intake was even higher.

I've been in the process of following this guidelines for nearly 5 years now. It took me some time to get my fat under 10%, but once I did, it was quite easeful for me.

Its worthwhile to take some random raw recipe you find and put it into a nutritional calculator like fitday/nutridiary/nutritiondata to see what the fat intake is. In a typical Gabriel Cousens recipe, the fat percentage is 70% fat. The other raw food recipes are not much better. Plus, they include all the excitoxins that are avoided if you only eat whole fresh ripe raw organic vegetables.

Posted by: Forrest ()
Date: April 16, 2007 03:14AM

I like Dr. Graham's approach very much as well, and have had such such a better healthful reaction to high fruit/low fat than the opposite. Don't buy any more books unless your curiosity must be satisfied, just fresh sweet fruit until you are satisfied, add some daily dark greens, 1/2 to one whole avo per week, and the occasional glass of celery juice (for sodium) and that's the gist of it for me.

I felt much like you did (a few years going in and out of raw eating, confused by all the info and contradicting experts) back in January.

Posted by: hereami ()
Date: April 17, 2007 12:59AM

I can relate to reading too many books. BUT This is a good one,the best book I have read concerning my health. "The pH MIRACLE," by Dr. Robert O.Young. Go to Barns and Noble,get comfortable and see for yourself. His belief system is based on alkalizing your body. Get on his web site and read about the alkalavorian diet.
wish you the best.....

Posted by: Felix ()
Date: April 17, 2007 03:00AM

I also agree with Bryan & Forrest. I have read Dr Graham's book 80/10/10 several times and it's the book and philosophy that seems to me to be the most logical, sensible, practical, economical, and simplest. smiling smiley

Proverbs 15:17 (New International Version) "Better a meal of vegetables where there is love than a fattened calf with hatred."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables