Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

emotional detox...
Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: April 26, 2007 11:27PM

i have been struggling with depression for 2 years,, and that is part of the reason why i went raw,, to get over it,, i started out really great, i felt totally different, i wanted 2 do things!! but now it feels like i am falling back into it, i feel unmotivated, tired, i feel like crying alot 2 but i dont,, i dont want 2 go outside, or exercise,, i actually started exercising when i first started eating raw,, but i havent done nething 4 a month, i dont want 2 talk 2 neone,,and im starting 2 emotional eat, even when im not hungry at all,, it feels like im back in the same place as i was before,, idk wat 2 do,, how do i let this stuff out?? idk how, and idk how 2 stop emotionally eating,,, is this detox, and if it is how long will it last? has nebody out there gone through this before? i dont kno if i can take all this crap for 2 long ,, help please

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: emotional detox...
Posted by: abc123tyler ()
Date: April 27, 2007 12:20AM

Sunshine! I don't know about instantaneous help for your problems, but being outside in fresh air and getting some sun does help people with feeling better. This is why in winters people typically are in not as great moods in regions where there are harsh winters and the like. I know that when I get sun everyday I feel much better than when I don't. Everybody needs some Sun!

Just wondering, what do you typically overdo and eat, probably nuts or dehydrated snacks, maybe dried fruits? You could have food allergies and not know it, I know I react to nuts and the other listed things if I eat them more than infrequently. I might try green leafy/vegetable juice (or whole) and fruit (no dried) only for a while to see what happens. I know I feel amazing when I do just that.

Date: April 27, 2007 12:44AM

hey tyler,, i kno sunshine is really important,, i just dont kno i havent gone out, i need 2 ur right,, i dont really get depressed in winter but i kno wat you mean, the no sun thing,, before lately (this past month)ive been craving sunshine, i just havent gone out, idk no motivation or watever,,,,

i od on avocado, i eat 1 1/2 a day but i guess thats alot for me, i eat just 2 much of everything, more than usual, 2 where im stuffed and uncomfortable,, i dont hav a dehydrator or blender, and i just got dried fruit and ate some, but not alot,, ill try just fruit and veggies like u say, and try not 2 eat 2 much
thankyou for the ideas :] i just need 2 do it

Posted by: amybass ()
Date: April 27, 2007 01:41AM

I also suggest heliotherapy, which is basically sunbathing. This will really help to brighten your mood. =)

Just started my rawfood journey and blogging daily about it here: [journeyforhealth.blogspot.com]

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: April 27, 2007 02:23AM

fuzzy, I empathize with you. Just relax. Be loving towards yourself and be patient.

It's always hardest in the beginning because you're being tested on whether or not you really want this. We all go through it. For me, sometimes hormones make me extra sensitive, too.

I know that there are SAD lights that you can buy that emulate sunlight. I bought a lamp with this feature so even if it is cloudy outside, I still have the brightness of sunshine wake me up.

Also, the foods that you eat can affect your moods as you already know. Eating fresh helps. It takes time for your body to adjust to what is an appropriate amount of food to eat. I'm still adjusting myself. Sometimes I do feel too full at one time but pretty soon afterwards, I feel fine as they were only veggies that I ate. I read an article that stated that slim people stop eating when they are satisfied rather than full. The stop before getting full. I thought that was a good point. In my slimmist adult years, that was the method I had used. I guess I got too wrapped up with other things that I forgot how important this was. I think that Frederic Patenaude promotes this theory, too. Maybe, you can use this method to assist you with your appetite.

Take care.
Therese

Posted by: flex4life ()
Date: April 27, 2007 06:59AM

Have you ever tried EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) ?

Its great for transmuting your emotions in a very quick, effective and safe manner. Checkout [www.tapping.com]

peace!

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 27, 2007 07:56AM

flex 4 life

someone loaned me that book
i like read it in an hour
just kinda perused it

gave it back
it was a while ago
i think over a year ago maybe 2 sheesh time flies
seemed like only yesterday

but anyhow
the one that never left me
the one that does seem to help me instantaneously
is the one where i press all my fingers together

if i'm like in a new situation
and i feel nervous

or i'm entering a place where the energies are not balanced
and i need some extra strength to go into that area

then i do that
the other one i used to do but this one with pressing the fingers together is much quicker

is the one where i tapped the place between my pinkie and my fourth finger

there is like a little cleft there
or whatever u want to call it

but i remember doing that once
when i was in this unbelievably urban area
where there were TONS of people
and they were all milling around at night
like there was some great attraction

but there really wasn't except these artificial buildings upon buildings with neon lights

anyhow

so, i was in that area
and walking about

and i felt nervous all of a sudden
cuz the people kept coming in hoardes
so then i did that one

the little cleft between the pinkie and fourth
then i started to feel this energy
and vibrance
it helped that i was walking pretty fast too
but it kind of transported me out of that realm

and kept me in a good place

it was coool

but that was the only time i used THAT one

the rest of the time i just use the pressing ALL fingers together method

i like it

its cheap cuz its free
and i didn't even have to pay for that book
i just borrowed it for like an hour

i didn't want to delve too much into it
just wanted something quick and fast

anyhow

it has its limits
like anything else

but it works instantaneously to just bring me to a more stable
center

in certain situations

its like a good tool

as far as tools in the toolbox goes

which one do you use?

i remember the book had so many pictures etc

different areas on the eyebrows, eyes, hands, fingers

it was interesting

Posted by: flex4life ()
Date: April 27, 2007 11:06PM

la_veronique,

I think you are talking about accupressure methods, which EFT also uses but alot more in depth since it goes deep into the core issues of accepting the all aspects of yourself.

Try a few vids from tapping.com and you will see what I mean smiling smiley

Cheers!

[www.youtube.com]

Date: April 28, 2007 12:41AM

thankyou all for your replies its really helpful :]

life101,, its sunny here, i live in florida,, but i just dont wunna go out,, im gunna hav 2 start making myself do it,,

you are so right about stop eating b4 i am full,, i really need 2 start doing that also!! sheesh im pathetic
im trying 2 b more loving towards myself, but i really dont kno wat i like about myself honestly, i feel like im not me,, im trying 2 get myself back tho

flex thankyou 4 the video im going 2 try it out

LV i like your story :] i do some accupuncture,, but i would hav 2 do it all day long 2 get rid of this,, but ill try the finger thing like wen im feeling really crappy

thanks you guys

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: April 28, 2007 09:50AM

fuzzy,

We're all rooting for you. Maybe, you might benefit from some subliminal tapes? I've been looking at this company. [www.innertalk.com] Shazzie mentioned it in her book and she had success with their CD's.

There is a CD specifically on Depression. I heard Depression is a form of anger and frustration but turned inwardly rather than outwardly. (I was very depressed when I was young as my last blood relative, my father, died when I was five and the adopted family I was living with was very disfunctional and abusive most of the time. I didn't know it was depression until someone told me that I was depressed and that it was lifting.) That circumstance was something that I couldn't control but now that I'm an adult, I can control my environment and protect myself from toxic people and toxic environments in my immediate sphere. Other than that, I focus on what is good rather than those things that are toxic or which are going to weaken me rather than strengthen me.) I'm not sure if that's your case but maybe the CD's would help?

I wish you well.
Therese

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables