Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Hair
Posted by: vegan john ()
Date: May 09, 2007 04:38PM

Funky Rob, I remember you saying that you did not use shampoo only water, but were trying lemon juice. So how is the lemon juice going? How much do you use?

I have been using organic type shampoo, but am thinking of trying something even more natural. Do you get a build up of hair grease / oil if you only use water long term? (Your hair looked great on your photo earlier in the year, so I guess not).

Does anyone have any hints / tips / advice on what raw foods keep your hair from turning grey? Mine has gone more grey since going high raw than ever before (Hhmm?). I expected the opposite (not that having grey hair troubles me much, but it usually implies a nutritional deficit of some kind).

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hair
Posted by: Fud ()
Date: May 09, 2007 10:25PM

According to victoria boutenko her green smoothies got rid of her gray hair. Also, david wolf has some beauty secrets related to hair I believe.

[rawfoodtrip.blogspot.com]
[jugglingforjoy.com]

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: May 09, 2007 10:44PM

Your Hair is a barometer of your Health. I get good results and look my best when I massage my body and hair with the juices I'm drinking....Carrot and Wheatgrass are particularly Good......WY

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: May 09, 2007 11:22PM

Just water was working fine until I moved to London when I found my hair wasn't getting clean anymore, that's when I started using lemon juice and it seems to be working well.

I use between 1/4 to 1/2 a lemon per wash (depending on the size of the lemon), but I generally squeeze a few and put the juice in a bottle I keep in the fridge, it's easier than trying to squeeze the lemon over your hair while in the shower.

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: love ()
Date: May 10, 2007 12:07AM

vegan john, hello! Wow, that is very interesting! What do you eat in a day? I would like to see if it is close to what I have seen other people eat and there health started going down. Please share!

Love to all!

love

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: May 10, 2007 10:09AM

no wonder funky rob has such rich rawkin hair

funkeeeeeyyyYYYY

lemon juice !

i drink mine smiling smiley

heee heee

maybe i'll rub some on my hair too

WY: neat - o advice

should i rub lemon juice on my body too?

that is a funmy thought

made me laugh

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: May 10, 2007 12:38PM

la_v......That's right, rub everything with the juices you're drinking. After all, you want to be 'Clean' both inside and OUT, don't you?
Another 'tip' for you is the Mud Bath, using Clay, to pull out the toxins. You'll need a bathtub or shower for this. You may need a partner to help get the clay 'all over' your body. Are you laughing yet?.......WY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables