Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Cooked Vegtables
Posted by: bluelight ()
Date: May 12, 2007 12:58AM

Hi I am new here, although I've been lurking with admiration of you guys for sometime. I realize the idea of eating raw is that you get more nutrients, but what about eating vegetables which have to be cooked like corn, artichokes etc...or even potato? I imagine trying the raw food diet, including cooked veggies, will this lead me into trouble? I have many more ?'s but I'll go one at a time. thanx.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cooked Vegtables
Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: May 12, 2007 02:41AM

I never cook my veggies or fruit. I only cook things that MUST be cooked, that I enjoy eating, such as organic brown rice. I eat corn on the cobb raw... but yes, potatoes I would cook, slow bake, under 220 degrees. Anything hotter creates acrylimides which are cancer suspects. Not sure about artichoke, but I see your point that it was tasty, steamed and dipped in lemon & olive oil, back in the day.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2007 02:48AM by Rawrrr!.

Date: May 12, 2007 02:45AM

Hey
Thanks for answering. Do you eat corn or artichoke raw?? I'm so worried b/c these are my favorites lol.
thats cool you still eat brown rice. I'd like to eat like this.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: May 12, 2007 02:55AM

Corn is really good raw, I put it in my salads sometimes. It's corn season now and it is super cheap.

You probably won't digest much of it though, unless you put it in a blender or food processor.

Date: May 12, 2007 03:34AM

hmm, I'll try it. I'm curious now.

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 12, 2007 06:48AM

oh raw corn is the BEST..and it is a real veggie when eaten raw...not until it is cooked does it turn into a starch!! so it is better with glycemic levels as well...now artichokes you could eat raw they are just tough..but jersulam artichokes are YUMMY and good raw!!! potates are good raw but be careful to peel and get the eyes cut off and away..i have heard that sweet potatoes or yams..are yummy juiced with some carrots add a dab of vanilla and some spice!! yummy!! or fresh ginger and cinnamon!!
don't worry you will do fine!!
good luck hun
love earthangel
xoxoxoxooxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 12, 2007 10:57AM

The whole idea is to choose what YOU think are the highest foods - and eat THOSE. If that includes cooked items...then GO FOR IT! If not, then you have to ask yourself the hard question: Why am I settling for second best? winking smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: May 12, 2007 02:58PM

Earthangel-This is crazy!!! Raw potatos! I had no idea a/b the potato bumps being bad for you. Thats odd. I wonder why. I might have to wait for a juicer to try it. That cinnamon drink sounds really good, like something elves would drink or something.

David - Thats how I feel about it, that some of the best foods might be cooked veggies with RAW, but I saw alot of people say 'your body won't fully detox and change to fully healthy unless you are 100% RAW' or that 'eating other stuff will mess up you RAW blood sug etc.'.I agree you though, so its encouraging. I guess I just have to try it out and see how it goes.
p.s. I checked out your website. Your farm looks amazing! You also have tons of good info!
Thanx guys.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: May 13, 2007 06:01AM

bluelight,

This is a fine place to start. For my own process, I ate both cooked and raw for several months before I took the plunge into 100% raw. I found that as I ate a higher percentage of raw foods, that I felt better. This led me ultimately to trying 100% raw, which was not my original intention when I started eating raw foods.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables