Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

srry another acne question
Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: May 14, 2007 07:36PM

i just went 100% raw a 2 months ago,, and have had some serious detox,, most of it was cystic acne ,, but i kno i am going 2 have it way worse as i continue 2 detox,, lately i hav been eating TONS of fat i guess 2 prevent myself from having the acne 2 continue being so disfiguring,, i hav only lost 15 pounds and hav 35 more 2 go,, so u can imagine how fun thats going 2 be on my face,, neways i went 2 a healthfood store yesterday and got some of those homeopathic pills for acne that you pop under yor tongue,, ive already tried these, but this was b4 going raw so i decided 2 stop using them,, well the lady there highly suggested them and practically forced me 2 buy them so i did lol,, so i was wondering wat you guys think about this,, i kno taking them would no longer make my diet 100% but watever if it works,, also i was wondering if ne of u knew if homeopathic things like this can cause the slowing down of detox or watever,, i hav 2 like 15 of these pills a day,,yah,, so ne advice or words of wisdom you guys can give me on this problem would be great,, thaankyou!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: srry another acne question
Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: May 14, 2007 08:46PM

If the acne is part of your detox, you're just going to have to let it happen. Anything you do or take to supress it is not going to help in the long term, if it's got to come out, it's got to come out.

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 15, 2007 07:23AM

yeah i agree with rob..taking the pills is going to slow down your detox and be careful they don't have gelatin in them as well!!! i am sure they aren't raw vegan pills so of course they will slow it down...i still think if you lower the fat intake some it will help as well...that causes a lot of clogging and skin breakouts on a lot of people from this board...and not talking detox...just talking extra fat...extra breakout..so look into that too!! and best thing once you lower the fat stick with it for a while hun!!! give things a chance to work!!
take care and good luck to you!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: May 15, 2007 04:03PM

Hi Fuzzysox, I want to give you a link to a guide for cell salts, which are homeopathically prepared. Ive been using them for almost a year for a problem I have and one of them helps so much, that I cant do without it.
Scroll down and read about the 12 cell salts and think about your overall symptoms. You might need more than one.
I buy Hyland brand Cell Salts (or tissue salts, as some ppl call them) and pay about $13. Canadian plus tax.
The down side is that they are sugary, like homeo remedies and they make me feel like I need to balance out the sweetness with something.......not after every dose, but at the end of the day. But you only take small amounts, like homeo remedies.
It could be that you are craving the very thing that caused the stored toxins in the first place - fat .
[www.naturalhealthtechniques.com]

Hope this helps, hugs, Jill

im typing one handed atm so there may be errors. sorry

Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: May 15, 2007 06:05PM

Hey Fuzz:

One possibility is that your colon and other avenues of elimination could be clogged due to your previous dietary lifestyle. Now that you have made a significant turnaround in your dietary habits in a relatively short time, your liver and cells are energized to start cleaning house and dumping old toxins. If your elimination routes are not clear enough, they may be overwhelmed with all the waste heading for available body exits all at once (think being caught on the expressway during rushhour with everyone heading in the same direction). Keep in mind that your skin is also one way that your body eliminates toxins, and is sometimes referred to as a 3rd kidney.

Wishing you vibrant health

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: May 16, 2007 08:07AM

I agree that you'll have to detox to get rid of the problem, and slowing it down with extra fats could possibly add to your problem. On the up side, it's not at all uncommon for people first doing raw to eat extra fats, and raw fats are a lot better than a lot of cooked fats you could be eating.

The homeopathic pills, while almost certainly not raw, are probably vegan. If they look anything like the homeopathic pills I've seen in the past, they're really tiny, so even 20 of them a day might not necessarily be harmful. I don't think we can automatically assume they'll slow down your detox if we don't know what they're made of and how they're supposed to work. I would check their label and see what they're made of, then google those ingredients and see if you can find out how and whether they might have a potential to help you.

If I were you, and if I found out after doing a little research that the ingredients are vegan and that they've been found to be helpful, then I think I'd give the pills a try. If they aren't helping after a fair trial, then I'd toss 'em.

Meanwhile, a couple of suggestions. The more you can keep the flow going through the pores of your skin, the better. I can see your point that you would want to eliminate slowly to keep the detox symptoms at a minimum, but those pathways out through your skin need to stay clear so the toxins won't get clogged up under your skin. If those pathways are clogged up, the toxins will build up and gather bacteria and fester, and that will make your problem worse.

One really good way to keep things flowing out is to sweat, sweat, sweat. And two good ways to sweat are saunas and exercise. Maybe there's a place near you where you can get a regular sauna. And if you can, try to break a sweat through healthy outdoor exercise for as long as possible, as often as possible

I hope you see improvements soon. You're doing really well. Keep the faith.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables