Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New to RAW and having issues.
Posted by: sndnance ()
Date: May 23, 2007 02:01PM

I am married with a 3 year old child. When I am at work I eat RAW all day with an occasional Pita Chip. The hardest part is when I get home. If my husband cooks dinner I am so hungry that I just eat or sometimes we go over the In Laws for dinner and it's the same way. I know the food isn't healthy but I just eat. I usually want something filling at dinner time like mashed potatoes but I don't have a lot of time when I get home and I would like my daughter to eat RAW as well. I bought the RAW uncook book by Juliano but the ingredients list is so long. Does anyone know of any simple recipes I can prepare easily and affordably without a long list of ingredients that filling? PLEASE HELP. Thanks. smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New to RAW and having issues.
Posted by: lisa_pe ()
Date: May 23, 2007 02:34PM

I make big salads for dinner alot. My kids eat cooked and some raw and mostly vegan. For them alot of times I make them a fruit and veggie plate with some kind of dressing or dip. I arrange the cut up fruits and veggies in fun patterns on the plate with lots of different colors and variety and they are so excited when I hand them their plates. Also having them help with the prep makes it exxciting for them to eat.
Lisa

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: May 23, 2007 03:30PM

Wow, that's difficult. I could not deal with that very easily! When I am hungry, that's bad enough sometimes ... like, when I am on my way home from work, sometimes that is when I will have thoughts pop into my mind of cooked comfort filling foods. Luckily for me, I don't have your situation of going home to cooked food (mashed potatoes...omg...I could eat a swimming pool full!)

I think what I would HAVE to do is not be so hungry when I walked in the door...you might eat something, even if you sit in the car for a few minutes. Also I would have one of my favorite most delicious salads with maybe a creamyish tahini dressing in the refrigerator waiting for me...or make a quick appetizer smoothie before anything...just some suggestions, what *I* would HAVE to do! Of course, hopefully your husband won't mind if you chow down something before official dinner. (or have something raw and appealing in car before driving home)

A good thick tahini dressing is fantastic, and can turn a salad into a mushy soup! (the way I put it on, sometimes!) If I am starving, that is so delicious and I think I may be able to be happy enough with that while others were eating mashed potatoes, if it were IMMEDIATELY available!

Good luck!

Elakti

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 23, 2007 03:38PM

theres some neet recepies on youtube [www.youtube.com]

check the link some look pretty easy smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: tiffany ()
Date: May 23, 2007 03:56PM

IMO it sounds like you are not getting enough calories in the early afternoon...

i eat the bulk of my calories between 1 pm and 3 pm and since i tried that, my evening eating and that starving feeling have disappeared... i know everyone is different, some eat alot early in the am, and others not at all till afternoon....

i mostly use bananas to get those calorie needs met (because i find them absoluetly delicious), but you can do it anyway you choooes... i suggest trying to eat 50 percent of your daily calories about 300 pm while at work so you are stil rawing it... and try it for a few days and see if it curtails those "I"M STARVING" feelings after work....

of course i am thinkig that you are eating about 20-30 percent of y our daily calories before 1 pm.... so that leaves just a quarter of your caloric need to be filled by a later meal....

just an idea ....i know alot of people who don't eat breakfast at all who are raw.. t hey don't even eat till the early afternoon... you could reverse that all, and instate a "not eating aftere 5 pm ( or 6 etc). that would "get you out of" eating at home or inlaws for supper meal....

to me, this sounds like an energy input/output issue....but i hope my input helps in someway!

Love and Light

Tiffntwins

`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

SWIM FREE FISHES!

Date: May 23, 2007 03:57PM

Simple....what your battling against right now is "emotional habit" your so used to doing a certain thing at a certain time and your addicted mind knows when it's gonna get it's next fix but now you've changed all that your mind is digging in it's heels to make sure it gets it's fix!

It will take some dedication but you need to change those habits, maybe just cut up some avocado, banana or what ever your favourite raw produce is and eat till your hearts content!!!

In time it will become second nature....

Hope that helped.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables