Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Is Organic Wine OK?
Posted by: Miss Joan ()
Date: May 23, 2007 01:03AM

I am very new to this eating lifestyle and I'm loving it. However, I do love my glass of wine at night. Is this (and why) totally off limits even if it's organic? -J-

Joan

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is Organic Wine OK?
Posted by: zenpawn ()
Date: May 23, 2007 01:18AM

Depends on who you ask. winking smiley

-Erin
Raw Done Light
dogma-free RAW
Gazpacho For The Soul

Date: May 23, 2007 01:25AM

HAHAHAHAHALOL THX

Joan

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: May 23, 2007 01:27AM

why would it be OFF LIMITS? who is setting the limits?

most people find that they lose interest in that kind of stimulation (wrong word for this kind of substance) from external things eventually I would think.

the other issues is having it on top of digesting food. and how its made/ingredients I think with wine its much differnt then with beer (grains)

whenever this kind of thing came up for me, I couldn't make it work in the way I wanted to so I gave it up. alot of it comes down to food combining. like if I knew I couldn't have a wine or beer with a 'meal' socially with friends, it lost all appeal to me. was I going to set aside a time to have alcohol by myself on my own time on an empty stomach or in the morning? LOL

same goes with cooked food. If I knew I couldn't have some rice and vegeies take-out at lunch after a salad, and comfortably/(and more important: heathfuly) eat fruit later. then it was no longer convienient. why the hell would I make rice and cooked vegetables at home when I can comfortably eat fruit...

anyway, I hope this makes sence.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2007 01:29AM by anaken.

Date: May 23, 2007 01:38AM

Thx! This helps. -J-

Joan

Posted by: vegcase ()
Date: May 23, 2007 02:51AM

I just happened to read an article about a raw restaurant that serves wine. I thought it was interesting because I was wondering the same thing (i love wine!)

The article ( here: [www.living-foods.com] ) says:
"A glass of vino with that raw pasta? No problem. Since wine goes through no heating process, it gets the thumbs up from Juliano. Beer is a no-no since the hops are boiled, and the distillation process knocks liquor out of the living-food diet."

I agree with what everyone else said and it definitely is up to you. But if you do drink it I would throughly check out the company. Many wines go through a filtering process that includes using gelatin and eggs to draw out sediments. Knowing this really irks me!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2007 02:52AM by vegcase.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: May 23, 2007 03:07AM

I drank organic wines when I first went raw. While I wouldn't call it a health food, it is healthier to drink the organic wine versus the non-organic wine. At some point, I just lost the taste for it. For most long term raw foodists, this seems to be the case.

Posted by: Inaia ()
Date: May 23, 2007 08:46AM

I drink red wine. I feel good. I just don't drink tons of it but I like good wine every now & then. That's my pov.

www.inaia.com

Date: May 23, 2007 07:56PM

Thx for the feedback. That's interesting that most people eventually lose their taste for it. Sure is a good way to put more money into the organic things!
Does the same thing happen with caffeine? I was never a coffee or tea drinker but I know people who have major withdrawal without it.

Have a great day! -J-

Joan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables