Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Skin Elasticity
Posted by: Inaia ()
Date: May 22, 2007 07:47AM

Does anyone know what kind of effects a raw vegan diet has on one's skin elasticity? I am currently about 95% raw and have been so for several months-in case that matters with this question.

www.inaia.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Skin Elasticity
Posted by: abc123tyler ()
Date: May 22, 2007 03:48PM

I have some of the most sensitive skin known to man...In my opinion there is more to it than just "raw vegan diet" or not... but when I eat a proper raw vegan diet my skin is perfectly clear, smooth and soft as it never is on any other "diet." I eat very little proteinaceous things and high in fruit/veggies/greens and fresh juices to achieve this result.

Date: May 23, 2007 12:43AM

Thanks, Tyler. Good to know. Mine has been more clear & soft too. I also wonder what effects this diet has on the aging process like the elasticity of the skin and gray hair & that stuff.
Has anyone else out there researched this or had an experience?

www.inaia.com

Posted by: Miss Joan ()
Date: May 23, 2007 02:13AM

I was on one of the major good websites today and she said that elasticity in your skin is helped from a raw food diet. I will get the actual website name if you'd like. -J-

Joan

Date: May 23, 2007 07:12AM

Hi Joan. smiling smiley Sure- I'd like the website address.

www.inaia.com

Posted by: Miss Joan ()
Date: May 23, 2007 06:07PM

Hi Inaia, I found the website for you. It's thegardendiet.com On the home page there's a site map. Click on FAQ. Jinjee answers questions. The one about skin is the 4th one down (Kim is asking the question). She doesn't go into great detail but it was informative.

When Alisa Cohen was on one of the morning TV shows (Today or Good Morning America) and she said that juicing a whole cucumber is one of the best benefits for skin ailments, rashes, nails, hair. It even helps acne. Cucumbers contain silica and manganese (sp?). I'm going to give it a try.

Hope this helps and good luck! Your picture is beautiful!

-J-

Joan

Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: May 23, 2007 10:23PM

hi ive always wanted 2 kno about this,, i am currently 40 pounds overweight,, i hav stretch marks and cellulite as a result of my weight gain,, and my skin is clearly stretched out,, not extrememly,, but you can imagine what its like,, neways i wanted 2 kno if neone has actually had proof, from their own personal experience that the skin will heal itself and become strong again and tighten, and lose the cellulite and eventually heal the stretch marks,, i am about 2 go on a one month water fast,, and if nebodyhas done this and has had miracles happen with it i would love 2 hear about that 2! well thanks :]

Date: May 24, 2007 12:42AM

Joan: Thanks for the info. I go to that site all the time so I will check it out. I even bought Storm's e-book on anti aging. I'm not quite over the hill but I think the sooner I start taking care of things like that, then I won't have to worry when I do get older.
And thanks about the pic. I'm an independent artist and that is the cover of my CD. Glad you like the pic. smiling smiley

Fuzzysox: good question. smiling smiley

www.inaia.com

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: May 24, 2007 01:33AM

Yes, it will help. But it takes a long time to see a difference. If you had an identical twin that had led exactly the same lifestyle as you up until now, and then you went raw and the twin didn't, but you kept the same # of kcals, you'd have tighter skin in 10, 20, 30, 40 years, etc. than your twin.

This is from four studies examining two different issues--restricting kcals and restricting glycotoxins:

1. calorie restriction keeps the skin tight.
a. paper
[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]
b. paper
[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

2. restricting glycotoxins (toxins made from cooking food, especially cooking fats and proteins) extends lifespan more than restricting calories from cooked food.
a. paper
[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]
b. conference proceeding, same group of researchers
Weijing Cai, John C. He, Min Lu, Li zhu, Melpomeni Peppa, Helen Vlassara
Diabetes June 2004 Volume 53 Supplement 2 A343 1426-P
Amelioration of Insulin Resistance, Weight Gain and Markers of Oxidant
Stress in Aging Mice by Dietary Glycotoxin Restriction: A Therapeutic
Alternative to Caloric Restriction?
(sorry, no link, even the journal has only an abstract)

Date: May 24, 2007 06:22AM

Thanks arugula. That's great stuff.

www.inaia.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables