Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Masturbation
Posted by: RawGuy2000 ()
Date: June 27, 2006 09:27PM

Slightly off-topic, Just curious for those who have had a fungal infection/candida, or if anyone that knows, is it alright to masturbate while you have it? I've been looking on the net but cannot find any information anywhere.

And then, since becoming raw, has anyone noticed a different sexually? Horniness? Curious about that as well.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Masturbation
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 27, 2006 09:49PM

I don't know about the fungal thing. Maybe you should masturbate with coconut oil (or have someone do it for you winking smiley), it's very anti-fungal.

Since becomming raw? Hmm, I'd say I'm slightly more honry (though still not as much so as I was in college). When I excersise and take generally good care of myself I am more vigorous in bed (not to say if I lay around all day, binge eat and stay up all hours I'm not good, just no as good). smiling smiley

Posted by: lilpaws ()
Date: June 27, 2006 10:31PM

if you have an infection or candida wouldn't it be uhm...painful or bothersome to masturbate? it seems as if too much contact with the area might increase irritation.

Date: June 27, 2006 10:59PM

You know what though? The doctor said it was a small fungal infection, and I've been using lotramin. The penis head and foreskin isn't the same as it was two months ago or a month ago. After getting HPV, I guess my immune system has been more sucesptable to diseasse, thus why I got this "infection". The doctor said to get anti-fungal creme. It's been a few days since using it. Just seeing the foreskin a little redder, but that's it really.

1. Afraid to put the creme on the head, and when I did it on the bottom of it, near the foreskin, it started to burn a little. Someone told me that means that the cells are repairing. Does anyone know if this is true?

The penis is irritated, and sensative. Is that the usual sign of a fungal infection? I gave them a urine sample while I was there and said call back on Friday to see if it's Clamidya or Gonorrea. Last time I went, two months ago, I didn't hsve it. I hope I do not have it this time either.

IMPORTANT: See, I don't even know if I have candida. I do know that I was getting too much fat in my diet, like Bryan stated. So in the past few days, have gone down to around 84/6/6, as fit day has said. But, the problem is that for the past two days I had only 700-800 calories each day. I know I am missing something. If I am 80/20/10, is that okay?

Posted by: Ally ()
Date: June 27, 2006 11:38PM

Dear RawGuy2000

I don't quite understand how your figures can be 84/6/6 and 80/20/10. Is that a caloric ratio of carb/fat/protein? If so, something must be wrong with the figuring, because the numbers within the ratio should add up to 100% (because 100% of all your calories comes from the three macronutrients, ie carbs, fats, and proteins). Maybe go back and check Bryan's previous post in the "fungal infection" thread. You'll see his ratios all add up to 100%.

Or am I misreading or misinterpreting something here?

-Ally

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2006 11:40PM by Ally.

Date: June 27, 2006 11:45PM

Sorry, here is from yesterday:

762 calories

83 - Carbs
8 - fat
9 - protein

Today so far:

504 calories

89 carbs
6 fat
5 protein

What's a safe FAT percentage to go up to? Does anyone know? Right now, for the next few days, I will be keeping it low, and then go on the fast soon to clean out my system.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 28, 2006 12:02AM

My fat percentage is probably around 60-65. I don't have a fungal problem though.

Just focus on positivity, staying alkalyne and cleansing. I wouldn't worry about micromanaging too much. The healthiest people don't seem to.

Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: June 28, 2006 12:08AM

HPV eh? You may want to check out this site: [www.health-science-report.com]. Also, I live and breathe by wildcrafted oil of oregano and it will kill even the hardiest of fungi and bacteria in the body. I just closed my gmail for the day but can post a link tomorrow or, if you feel like it, click on thread with a question to Bryan and you will see the link to the website where i purchase mine.

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Date: June 28, 2006 12:17AM

Where do I get my hands on the wildcrafted oil of oregano and what does it go with? Is it a fast cleanse? Or do you mix it with something?

Date: June 28, 2006 01:01AM

By the way, not so sure if this can help anyone identify what is wrong with my penis, but the head is notably scaly, as if it were reptile type skin. Does anyone know what type of problem or disease causes the skin to look like that? I've noticed that in the past month, but a few months ago, nothing like that.

Posted by: Ally ()
Date: June 28, 2006 01:31AM

Dear Rawguy2000,

My ratio has commonly been about 66/27/7. It suits me fine, maintains my weight of 95 at 5' 1", and fills me up. But I am physically pretty active, and that might make some difference in the proportion of fat I need or at least the proportion I can metabolize.

Something to keep in mind is that you can eat a LOT of fat and end up with the same caloric ratio as if you ate only a LITTLE BIT of fat. You might want to pay attention to the AMOUNT of fat in addition to just the proportion of fat within the caloric ratio.

For example, say you had a low proportion of fat in your caloric ratio, and your diet overall was low in calories. Then you changed your diet and ate WAY TOO MUCH fat for your size and level of activity, etc. But, at the same time, you also ate WAY TOO MUCH of everything else too. Then you could end up with the same caloric ratio as you started with, even though you were eating WAY TOO MUCH fat.

So, if you're interested, it's important to not just look at the ratio, but also at how MUCH of each of the 3 macronutrients you are eating.

Try this if you like:

Go to nutritiondata.com, click "#5. Estimate your daily needs". You will see a bar at the right that says "Daily Needs Calculator". There you can enter your height, weight, gender, age, and level of activity. The Daily Needs Calculator will then calculate your BMI (Body Mass Index) plus give you a recommended range for each macronutrient (Carbs, fats, proteins) in your CALORIC RATIO. Plus, it will give you the recommended AMOUNT of calories you should be consuming in a day for your BMI.

Your goal then would be to stay within the recommended ranges of the CALORIC RATIO for each macronutrient (carbs, fats, and proteins), PLUS try not to eat more than the recommended AMOUNT of calories for your BMI.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Usually I prefer to maintain a steady course, eating about the same amount everyday. I like to try to avoid the fasting/binge scenario that clean-outs can sometimes lead to. But whenever I feel like going off course to clean out for whatever reason, I temporarily lower or eliminate my fat intake. Or just water fast for a while.

Hope this helps, -Ally

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2006 01:34AM by Ally.

Date: June 28, 2006 01:58AM

Alright, I am stupid, so please tell me what this all means what foods are the best for me, because I don't know a lot about what it's talking about....

Your Body Mass Index

Your current Body Mass Index (BMI) is 22.2.

BMI is a standardized ratio of weight to height, and is often used as a general indicator of health. The "normal" BMI for an adult man of your height is 18.5 to 24.9. This translates to a healthy weight range of 136 to 184 lbs. However, BMI does not take body composition into account. A weight above this range could still be considered healthy if your percentage body fat is less than average. For more accurate determination of body fat levels, consider using a body fat caliper, such as the one made by Accu-Measure.

Your Calories Burned

Here is an estimate of your daily energy needs...

Calories Burned

Daily Energy Expenditure: 
2844 kcal
(11907 kJ)

Note: Accurate determination of the Calories you burn can only be accomplished by individual physiological testing. This calculation is merely an estimate that was derived from regression formulas and data provided by these sources:

2002, "Dietary Reference Intakes for Energy, Carbohydrate, Fiber, Fat, Fatty Acids, Cholesterol, Protein, and Amino Acids," Food and Nutrition Board, Institute of Medicine.

Ainsworth B.E., 2002, January, "The Compendium of Physical Activities Tracking Guide," Prevention Research Center, Norman J. Arnold School of Public Health, Univ of SC.

In the above table, the Daily Energy Expenditure includes Basal Energy Expenditure (BEE), the energy consumed by daily activities, and the Thermic Effect of Food (TEF).

This estimate represents the total daily Calories needed to maintain your current body weight. To gain or lose weight, you may need to adjust your Calories upward or downward from this amount.

Your Recommended Minimum Daily Needs

Here is an estimate of your minimum daily nutrient needs, based on the Dietary Reference Intakes (DRI) established by the Food and Nutrition Board, Institute of Medicine (IOM)...

Recommended Minimums

Macronutrients

Total Carbohydrate    
g

Dietary Fiber    
g

Linoleic Acid    
mg

Alpha-Linolenic Acid    
mg

Protein    
g

Vitamins

Vitamin A    
IU

Vitamin C    
mg

Vitamin D    
IU

Vitamin E    
mg

Vitamin K    
mcg

Thiamin    
mg

Riboflavin    
mg

Niacin    
mg

Vitamin B6    
mg

Folate    
mcg

Vitamin B12    
mcg

Pantothenic Acid    
mg

Biotin    
mcg

Choline    
mg

Minerals

Calcium    
mg

Chromium    
mcg

Copper    
mg

Flouride    
mg

Iodine    
mcg

Iron    
mg

Magnesium    
mg

Manganese    
mg

Molybdenum    
mcg

Phosphorus    
mg

Selenium    
mcg

Zinc    
mg

Click on nutrients for best sources

Note: The above recommendations are only estimates of your minimum needs, and do not take into account any illness or genetic individuality. These recommendations are specific to men between the ages of 19 and 30, and may differ from the standardized Daily Values used on nutrition facts labels. Some of the nutrients included in these recommendations are not yet tracked by NutritionData.com.

Your Recommended Macronutrient Distribution

Based on your age, the IOM has established the following recommended ranges for macronutrients in your diet...

Recommended Ranges

Carbohydrate: 45 to 65% of total Calories

Fat: 20 to 35% of total Calories

Protein: 10 to 35% of total Calories

Posted by: learningtofly ()
Date: June 28, 2006 02:50AM

I don't recommend oil of oregano. I took alot of it around 2 years ago (after 7 years of raw eating) and it was one of the biggest mistakes I've made since becoming a raw foodist. Oil of oregano BURNS and it will destroy good bacteria in your system, as well as bad. After taking it for a few days I developed dark circles under my eyes and lost ALL my energy.

IMO, oil of oregano is poison.

Posted by: teloking57 ()
Date: June 28, 2006 03:16AM

hmmmm, what a topic!!!

I sure hope you don't plan on finding any female companionship after this posting!! hahahahhahhahaah

<<<Psoriasis: most commonly affects other parts of the body, particularly the knees, elbows and scalp, but occasionally first appears on the penis, usually on the glans or inner surface of the foreskin. Psoriasis appears as thickened red papules or plaques with a well-defined edge. In uncircumcised men, and at other sites, it has a scaly surface. It rarely causes irritation. It is caused by an abnormality of skin production and can be inherited. It is unsightly, but rarely serious. There are a number of effective treatments available, such as steroid creams and calcipotriol cream (Dovonex).>>>

Jock Itch

Jock itch is a fungal skin infection in the groin that appears as a red, ring-shaped patch with a clear center. It may be itchy and scaly. Jock itch is more common in men but can also occur in women.

Causes

Self-Care