Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

More newbie questions
Posted by: sahalies ()
Date: May 28, 2007 08:27PM

Hi again,
I have been almost 100% raw for the last 3 days now and I wanted to ask about the Larabars. I read here that quite a few people eat them so I picked up some on the weekend. I had one yesterday and was in alot of stomach pain for quite a few hours. It says they are raw, but I have also heard that it is not good to combine dried fruit and protein, which is what they are made of. What does others think of the bars? I am Celiac, as well as dealing with IBS, so I have had major stomach problems for the last several years, where I had cramping and gas no matter what I ate. I have now eaten mostly mono meals of fruit and still have discomfort after I eat. I am hoping in time the raw diet will help with that.
I also wanted to ask about food combining as it is still very confusing to me. I thought it was alright to combine the same food groups, but it seems like that is not a good idea after all. I have had banana and mango or banana with an orange and for dinner I have had a salad with sprouts, celery, tomato, and a tablespoon or so of avocado. Is it alright to eat a salad like this or is that too much combining?
And one last question. I am not wanting to lose any weight, as I am quite a bit underweight right now, so was wondering if I should try to eat more nuts or avocados, or is it best to cut them out while in the early transition period?
I am so thankful to all of you here for your support and help!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More newbie questions
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: May 28, 2007 08:38PM

sahalies Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi again,
> I have been almost 100% raw for the last 3 days
> now and I wanted to ask about the Larabars.

i think they can cause the problem that you mentioned because
the combination of foods in the bar is not so good, plus its not hydrating.

i've had them and seem to digest them ok, but i'm better of without them.

> Is it alright to eat a salad like this or is that
> too much combining?

the simpler the better certainly - go with how you feel.
there are combining rules on the web i'm sure, if you search for them....

> And one last question. I am not wanting to lose
> any weight, as I am quite a bit underweight right
> now, so was wondering if I should try to eat more
> nuts or avocados, or is it best to cut them out
> while in the early transition period?

i think they should be minimized, especially the nuts.
i also think that they won't necessarily add weight, and of course
it's more effective to add in strength training to add muscle. maybe check your calories and insure that you're eating enough...

best of luck...

Re: More newbie questions
Posted by: sahalies ()
Date: May 29, 2007 02:24AM

Thanks Fresh, for your insight. I will not eat the Larabars right now and will also just try to keep each meal simple, or better yet, just mono at this point.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables