Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

NEWCOMER
Posted by: sndnance ()
Date: May 21, 2007 04:34PM

I just started eating RAW about a week ago slipping up here and there. I'm married and have a 3 year old so sometimes it gets hard for me. I'm just wondering how to eat a BALANCED RAW diet. Everyone thinks I'm crazy for going on this diet and they think I will wither away into nothing. Please help. I need as much support as I can get.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NEWCOMER
Posted by: life101 ()
Date: May 21, 2007 04:54PM

Hello,

Check out food combining rules (suggestions). Enter your intake at fitday.com. I suggest to initially supplement where you are lacking.

Other than that, eat when you are hungry and stop when you are satisfied. I find that the sweet fruit closes the appetite.

Good luck and welcome.
Therese

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: May 28, 2007 05:24AM

If you eat enough fresh produce to meet your caloric needs, and you keep your fat intake under 20%, you ought to have a fine balance of nutrients. This means eat a lot of fresh ripe raw organic whole fruits and vegetables. The vegetables should be the kind you normally use in a salad.

If you are having problems or have a question, please ask.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 28, 2007 10:52AM

There are no raw food police.......and no 'slip-ups'. Only the diet that is right for YOU. The level that is right for YOU. Start from what is comfortable.....and that you CAN maintain with no 'slip-ups' and stretch slowly and consistently from THERE. Be honest with that: because that is YOUR path.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Miss Joan ()
Date: May 28, 2007 11:20PM

LIFE101, Where can I learn about combining foods? I'm a newbie to this lifestyle but haven't seen that mentioned yet. Is there a "basic" website that will explain these things to people like me (SAD only in past)? I notice that a lot of people were vegans or vegetarians which isn't such a great leap. I realize that constant research will resolve a lot of questions but I guess I'm just impatient and want to know everything yesterday (or maybe the day before!LOL)

Joan

Posted by: Inaia ()
Date: May 29, 2007 12:34AM

I found some great info on some e-books I got at www.thegardendiet.com. I'm not brand new but still only a few months into my raw process.

www.inaia.com

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: May 29, 2007 01:09AM

Miss Joan,

Go to [www.rawfoodexplained.com] and check out the sections called "Digestion & Food Combining" and "Application Of Food Combining". This website is an excellent resource for raw food basics.

Posted by: sndnance ()
Date: May 29, 2007 05:08PM

Thanks for all your help and support. A lot of that makes sense and I will read those sites you posted BRYAN. smiling smiley

Posted by: Miss Joan ()
Date: May 30, 2007 02:24AM

Bryan, THANK YOU!!!!!! for those websites. I just got on the computer (couldn't get on all day) and I was searching thru the posts for info. I was so happy when I came to yours. Thx again!

Joan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables