Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Is boiled water soup "raw"
Posted by: anuiyer7 ()
Date: June 05, 2007 07:04PM

All, I have a dumb qstion for you all...

If I boil water and add some spices (like paprika, cumin, pepper powder etc - dry spices, no veggies/fruits) I need to do this to get that curried flavor into my soups.

Then, when it is almost cool, add some salt and grated fresh veggies, do I have a raw soup or is it still "cooked' because I boiled water and spices?

Can you please help?

Anu

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2007 07:05PM by anuiyer7.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is boiled water soup "raw"
Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: June 05, 2007 07:15PM

It would still be "raw" except for like .0000009% because of the "boiled" spices.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: June 05, 2007 07:16PM

It sounds like raw soup with cooked spices in it. The soup is not 100% raw, but it's pretty darn close.

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: June 05, 2007 07:50PM

I normally just make a blended soup then you can add all the raw herb/spices you want, chilli, fresh grown herbs etc.

You have to have your own boundries as far as whats raw and what isnt. Some people find boiled water acceptable whilst others dont! Go with what feels good for you smiling smiley

Posted by: anuiyer7 ()
Date: June 05, 2007 07:57PM

Thanks guys. I am going to try the boiled water spice soup as I crave warm spice soup. I also make the blended spicy soup, but I feel like I must have this spicy soup. Yummmsmiling smiley))))))

Thanks for your help.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: June 10, 2007 10:00AM

I think you will be ok, like that..

Posted by: khale ()
Date: June 10, 2007 03:03PM

I'd do that Anu. I know what you mean. Certain flavors or spices don't come through as well raw. Curry seasonings particularly.

I've considered toasting spices as well and for the same reason, and then adding these to raw, blended soups. I don't see the harm. In fact, this method appeals to me more as I really don't use water in my raw soups much...preferring fresh juice bases instead.

khale

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables