Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What is the best to cleanse the body? POLL
Posted by: RawGuy2000 ()
Date: June 27, 2006 10:27PM

What for all of you, is the best way to cleanse your body of toxins and bacteria and how long did you do it for? As you know, I am tryng to cleanse my body.

I have heard two possible choices...

Juicing Greens (what greens though?) and Master Cleanse.

If you juice and clean out your toxins, how long do you do it for, or how long should you do it for, to get rid of disease.

Any juices you do? I do not have a juicer so I would be going to the local health food store to get juicing done.

Also, I've heard that Wheat Grass Juice is not good in the juice form. And usually when you eat fruits, it should be done in whole and not juiced. So what do you all think?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is the best to cleanse the body? POLL
Posted by: luna_sky_1 ()
Date: June 27, 2006 10:35PM

if you juice wheatgrass with apples and carrots it's awesome! You could even add some kiwi to that if you like that fruit....

Posted by: Ally ()
Date: June 28, 2006 01:44AM

In my opinion, short-term water fasts with emphasis on breaking the fast with mucousless foods is the best body cleanse.

Just as important is overall maintenance on a steady, nutritious raw diet, and avoiding the clean-out/binge syndrome that can sometimes result from cleaning out too much too soon, or for too long.

My longest fasts have been 7 - day water fasts, undertaken 3 different times, several years between fasts. There have been many shorter water fasts of 2 to 5 days over the last 30 years.

-Ally

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2006 01:50AM by Ally.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: June 28, 2006 05:42AM

I agree that water fasting is the best cleanse. The Master Cleanse uses maple syrup, which is NOT raw, but boiled to death. Even if it were raw, there is no fiber, so that sugar is going straight to your blood. Based on your symptoms, your body is probably has some sugar issues, so the maple syrup is going to make things worse.

Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: June 28, 2006 12:38PM

I am as huge advocate of the Master Cleanse. It is a very good cleanse to do and is very easy on your system. Stanley Burroughs was a genius when he penned this cleanse into book form. I am forever thankful. Yes, Maple Syrup is not raw but this is the easiest cleanse you will ever do on your body. I do it three to four times a year. Just make sure that you get organic maple syrup as this will be the type that doesn't use formaldehyde in their processing. If you don't have the book it can be downloaded from the net. Just do a search on master cleanse pdf and you will find the entire book that can be read, and printed, from adobe reader.

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: June 30, 2006 03:44PM

Two favorite potent detoxifiers:

1. Wheatgrass juice
2. Raw Kombucha tea

Also prob blue-green algae but I take that mostly after workouts, not specifically to detox.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables