Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Maintaining your ideal weight/what is your caloric intake on avg?
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: June 15, 2007 03:41AM

I'm just wondering if most people here know how many calories on avg. you take in on a daily basis. And especially those that maintain their ideal weight, or rather the weight you are most comfortable with.

And how active you are.
So, the questions are:

1. Avg. daily calorie intake, or do you think even counting calories are important?
2. Maintaining or trying to lose weight?
3. How active on a scale of 1-3 are you? 1 being the lowest, 3 the highest.
4. How raw are you? Low, Moderate, High, or 100%

For me:
1. I take in over 2000 cal. a day (I don't know if I should shoot for 1200 cal a day or more)
2. I'm wanting to lose weight
3. Activity level..2
4. Moderatly raw, about 50/50 sometimes more raw.

Love,
Prism

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Maintaining your ideal weight/what is your caloric intake on avg?
Posted by: Peisinoe ()
Date: June 15, 2007 06:22AM

Hey!!

1. 1700-2200 cals a day, I don't really count anymore, but it was important in the beginning so that I could assure my husband I wasn't eating too little
2. Maintaining I guess, but a few pounds coming off is fine with me smiling smiley
3.3. I am a mailman and get usually 4-6 hours of cardio in a day, just at my job. I am also very active outside work, lots of walking, cycling, etc...
4. I am high raw, aaround 85% now... I was 99% for a year, drinking only tea as my non-raw food. Now I eat a falafel almost everyday, as they are cheap, mostly raw as well actually, and a great "normal" vegan street food here in Sweden. grinning smiley

Hope this helps

Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: June 15, 2007 07:58AM

hello sweet prism!

1. 1200-2000--i find that i eat less calories when i do not count them
2. losing weight, about 12 lbs since becoming raw 5 weeks ago
3. 2- walking around 2 hours per day, cleaning house, shopping, yoga about 2x per week, hoping to increase my yoga
4. high raw- the cooked food i eat is green tea, and i usually eat 1 small baked potato for dinner

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: June 15, 2007 09:53AM

Hey Prism...

well here are my answers smiling smiley
1.300-1000 kcals a day..depends...but if i dn't watch them it is usually on the low end of the spectrum...(very bad i know)

2. losing weight

3. 3...i get in 3-4 hours of cardio at the gym a day...and usually an hour long run/walk in the evenings...and standing moving around a lot in my job....

4. 100% raw...no cooked...very strict with it thouhg...trying not to be!!!
so far no good though haha

love earthangel
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: June 15, 2007 12:56PM

prism, here is a website that you may find helpful to calculate your ideal caloric intake for losing or maintaining weight.

[weightloss.about.com]

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: June 15, 2007 04:56PM

1. 300-600 cals

2. Maintaining, but loosing weight(not intentional)

3. Scale 3

I walk as my mode of transport, run everyday and weight train at the gym plus dancing regularly.

4. try to stay at 90-100% raw. Pretty much 100% Mon-Fri , allowing myself some tea and nori of a weekend.

Posted by: anuiyer7 ()
Date: June 15, 2007 05:42PM

I guess I am about 1750 calories mostly.

I am losing gradually like a pound or two per week and that is what I need. So far lost about 7 or 8 pounds (last three mon)

Excercise, I need to do this, I just do some Yoga thats it.

I am about 80% raw. I eat some cooked food during teh weekend and also cooked (very small) meal for dinner.

Posted by: shaine ()
Date: June 16, 2007 01:31AM

1. I eat about 1500-2000 calories a day
2. I'm maintaining, sometimes gaining--on a 5'0" petite frame
mostly I stay around 100.
3. I'm a 2 on the exercise scale, but normally more like 3 (if I were at my normal hour plus of cardio, and fourXweek lifting, I'd definitely be eating more, and weighing more like 95--my ideal)
4. High raw. deviances: tea, stevia, shoyu--and the occasional taste of what someone else is having(this isn't about asceticism).

I know that in order to be at my ideal weight, I need to do the following:
a. amp up my workouts. in intensity and length
b. stop eating after dinner...I eat right up until bedtime, which is useless.
c. allow myself to eat anything raw, so that I don't get starved and overeat.

I've tried doing greens only to lose, but I end up eating cooked meals. lots of fruit keeps me satisfied enough to stay raw. Mostly, trying not to make rules.

measure twice, cut once.

"In Watermelon Sugar the deeds were done and done again as my life is done in watermelon sugar." ~r.brautigan

I make paintings

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 17, 2007 01:14AM

hey guys,
i'm really new at this- i finished the master cleanser about 10 days ago and have been 100% raw since. my weight went significantly down during the cleanse and i have not gained any back, but also have not lost any more. i'm bummed (but being a bit unrealistic i think, maybe i need to hold it here a bit longer before i start trying to loose more). but the real point is...i feel amazing. my skin and body are very very happy. so my advice (so far) is not to count calories or make rules other than ALL RAW. and just enjoy it.
thanks for being here.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables