Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

oxalic acid, oxalates, and some vegetables
Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: June 21, 2007 05:42AM

[www.cloudnet.com]

Because I so like this plant, I want to offer this link. It's for the "weed" called by many names. Lambsquarters, Goose Foot, Pig Weed, and I forget what others I've seen. If you see it growing around you, give it a try. Maybe, like Funky Rob, myself, and I'm sure a few others, you'll become a fan.

I don't know where in the US it grows but it grows plentiful in the garden here where I live in South Korea.

I clicked the link to oxalic acid (which includes information about oxalates). My understanding is that the oxalic acid's binding properties are only activated after being subjected to heat. But this is the first I've ever read about oxalates. Variation, I suppose, is the answer.

I am unsure about the nitrate thing. I clicked the link to nitrates and am confused. The last line sums up the author's thoughts, but, I'm still unsure. I don't think I will eat less. I haven't been eating it in huge quantities, nor every day but do enjoy a good amount of it.

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables