Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Seedless vs. Seedful Watermelon
Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: June 25, 2007 09:58PM

I don't want to eat seedless watermelon, I want it as nature intended. I want the nutritious seeds along with the rest of it.
I can't find organic seedful watermelon anywhere and all the watermelon I have tastes bland.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Seedless vs. Seedful Watermelon
Posted by: cherimoya ()
Date: June 26, 2007 01:11AM

I had three watermelons so far this summer all have been sub par 1 with seeds and the others 2 without but I have been getting great honeydews and cantalopes .
Maybe it is a little early for the watermelons as for seedy ones it seems harder to find them the last couple of years.
They are the ones I always remembered every summer when I was growing up nice n sweet.

Cherimoya

Love Peace and Happiness,

Posted by: morrisson66 ()
Date: June 26, 2007 01:16AM

yeah watermelon season in the northern US doesn't start for about 3-4 weeks yet... southern US is earlier if at all

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: June 26, 2007 01:45AM

aqua,

Perhaps you can ask your produce person to order some seeded watermelon. Sometimes produce distributors will sell 55 pound cases of watermelon, which you could special order from your grocer. I live in a small town, and its a rare occasion where a grocer will buy an entire 600 pound bin of watermelons (though my health food store just did this 2 weeks ago).

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: June 26, 2007 04:48AM

seedless melons are really bogus in my opinion.

I don't seem to have problems with other seefless fruits although I like some better then others. seedless honey tangerines are better then the sastumas i've beeng getting seedless.

grapes I can go either way..taste/sugars are better in seeded but the seeds can get caught in my teeth :/

every honeydew and cantaloupe i've been getting is dam amazing

I think the seedless watermelon tastes ok and is refershing..but eaten in any quantity it makes me fill a little ill.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: June 26, 2007 05:46PM

I really love the seeded watermelons too, especially those that come from Hermiston,Oreon..I believe those come out around July and August..later in the season. Something about the soil and weather in Eastern Oregon I guess.

I do by the seedless ones though, and I finally got a perfect one the other day. I so dislike getting sub-par watermelons..makes me nuts! Sometimes I feel like taking my knife with me to cut it open out in the parking lot to taste it and if it's bad take right back in.

In Oregon they will cut a plug in it, or let you sample the fruits you want to buy before purchase but in Ca. it's illegal I'm told.

Love,
Prism

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables