Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What's your daily caloric intake?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 26, 2007 05:14AM

Hi. Normally I eat about 1500-1700 Calories.

Today I ran 2 miles, and did some strength training for 45 minutes.

I felt much hungrier, and ate about 2000-2200 calories. I am assuming this is normal, however, I am trying to lose weight. Should I keep my cal-intake low? thx.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What's your daily caloric intake?
Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: June 26, 2007 01:29PM

It depends on your height, goals and how long you have been raw. Less calories usually means less weight, but raw is different. You can still eat more, but can't compare calories to a SAD diet. Usually raw has eliminated grains, bad fats for instance.

Anotherwards, get enough calories and be happy. It's better to eat and don't worry about it. Get the nutrition you need. The weight WILL come off in time.

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: June 26, 2007 10:00PM

count calories?
i couldn't begin to do that.
and every day is so different.
depends on if i go to the beach, walk 5 miles, or just run around the house all day (which involves at least 9 trips up and down two flights of stairs and chasing a person knee-high from one disaster to another), and i just trust my body to let me know what it needs. four tomatoes one day, two avocadoes the next? okay.

the weight will balance. i think restricting calories is a very short term way to deal with weight issues b/c the body adjust the metabolism accordingly.

eat fresh, healthy, and well, and your body will show your health in it's weight, but even more in it's composition, shape, and scent.

peace-

peace-

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 27, 2007 12:30AM

im probablly on the average around 1500 give or take some days ... i usually have a mini fast once a week ..or a day or two of mono-type fruit only eating .. but average out about 1500 smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables