Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Cravings
Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: June 27, 2007 09:08PM

I've really been craving roasted and salted peanuts. Which is kind of odd, as I was certain that I would be craving other things. I thought the craving would go away after eating pecans, but it has not. I am wondering if its the salt. I don't have any sea salt or anything really salty with me at the moment. But is it adviseable to eat salt of anykind? Or is it better to seek out plants which are salty? such as celery. I used to eat goose tounge, a small plant which grows on the boarder of the inlet I used to live near. its quite salty, I wish I had some now, but I don't think any is available at anytime soon. Perhaps as time goes on I will crave other things. Your assistance is appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cravings
Posted by: Bikini ()
Date: June 27, 2007 09:28PM

for a salty peanut craving try soaking raw almonds and/or cashews over night in water. drain the next day and marinate and toss in a combination of nama shoyu (or celtic sea salt) along with garlic and onion powder till coated. dehydrate in your dehydrator till dry and crunchy. enjoy guilt-lessly. smiling smiley

raw foodists are divided on the issue of salts. some are ok with them, need salt for their personal metabolism and enjoy the use and taste of them in their recipes without any ill effects at all ( like me smiling smiley ). some prefer to abstain from salts only when they are cleansing and eat them at all other times. and then there are others like strict Natural Hygienists who completely 100% avoid all salts like Celtic sea salt, nama shoyu, etc. etc and create a salty taste for their foods using dehydrated celery mixed with other dried herbs or spices.

peace
love
joy
i breathe in
i breathe out
Bikini

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: June 28, 2007 02:52AM

After I run, I def need salt. When we sweat we lose both water and salt, so it's important to replace both so the kidneys can maintain proper electrolyte balance. Im baffled as to how it's possible to live without salt if one exercises. Maybe some people are different, who knows. Anyway I recently discovered the most delicious thing - salted cucumbers. In my lifelong love of cucumbers, I never before thought to salt them. Now I can eat bananas & salted cucumbers after a sweaty run, which is alot tastier than my previous bananas & potato chips. Salted cucumbers! smiling smiley

Date: June 28, 2007 04:07AM

Bikini,
Soaked almonds and cashews, that sounds wonderful! Unfortunately I don't have a dehydrator. Maybe I will check out the raw section at the food co-op and see what is there. That sounds so good!

Date: June 28, 2007 04:10AM

Sunshine, You reminded me of cucumber kimchi, how could i forget! I just love that stuff. I first tried it in Korea along with some other kimchi that isn't usually made in the united states. I tried making my own kimchi, but it didn't turn out the way I thought it would. Gab cousens has a recipe in one of his raw books. What an excellent suggestion!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables