Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw city
Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: June 28, 2007 04:44AM

Can you see anytime in the future a complete city that is free from cooked food of any sort? What would that be like? I'm trying to imagine. It would be different, instead of coffe shops, raw juice bars. At night these same juice bars would take the place of regular bars, with a dance floor, music etc. But I'm sure it would be different. The local fast food places might still be open, but having a different menu. I would love to see a vending machine full of delicious snacks. Chances are that there would be other differences that at present one might not be fully able to anticipate until it happens.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2007 04:53AM by Mislu.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Alcoholism
Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: June 28, 2007 05:06AM

That's too bad - some people seem predisposed to becoming alcohol-dependent.

I wonder if people who drink a lot that way, worry about it.

A medical doctor I know, and her parents, love to drink. I've heard lots of times that medical doctors have a high rate of alcoholism and I'm fairly sure she also self-medicates with anti-depressants. There seems to be expectation in her family to 'have fun' and 'not have problems' Their attitude is "there's a pill or drink for every problem, just take it and ignore the cause"winking smiley

Re: Raw city
Date: June 28, 2007 05:32AM

Hi Mislu, your alcoholism post disappeared but my reply to it didn't and went to this thread! .... Magic!

(I tried to delete it)

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: June 28, 2007 11:22AM

No. Cities are imaginary boundaries. With so many people, and all of them so different, homogeneity just does not exist. It is rare enough (at this point) to find small groups of raw food people....let alone tribes....then villages....then townships....then cities......etc.! Ha! ha!

-For now, we concentrate on supporting individuals, and being happy! smiling smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: June 28, 2007 01:12PM

Imagine!! We'd see a change in everyones attitude!!

Date: June 28, 2007 03:51PM

Aqua,
I changed the post. I was wondering if it gave too much information. After my original post, I wondered if anyone would be able to figure out who I was talking about. I live in a pretty small town, and it might be easy to figure out.

Date: June 28, 2007 03:57PM

David, Its just the concept. I realize that its impossible to set up a city thats absolutely raw, unless it has a high fence, passports, and a meter to test for cooked food kind of like breath meters for alcohol. Even with all that, anyone could start a fire in secret, or smuggle in 'contraband'. All in all it would be rather culty, and ultimately abusive, something not necessary. But the concept that its the general habit of the majority of people as a norm, that sounds like one to work with or imagine. I know that there have been vegetarian and fruitarian ashrams set up here and there, but I know next to nothing of them. I also do not know what other values or habits are encouraged or discouraged.

Posted by: rawnoggin ()
Date: June 28, 2007 04:04PM

That would be so perfect!

As we see society getting worse- more violence, more stress, more behaviour problems in children etc, there's this other 'raw' movement happening- people becoming vegan, going back to nature, organic foods, looking out for eachother etc.

Some of the worse, stressful periods of my life when I was a person I wasn't particularly proud of being, were during times I was mistreating myself.

It was becoming vegan, becoming more ethical and then discovering the ideas of raw food etc about a year or so, that made me a better person. Feeling better about yourself makes it so much easier to be a better person.

Last night I went to a party. Knowing I was coming, and coming raw, raw veggies were sliced up for me and added to the table. I thought I'd be the only one eating them. I wasn't smiling smiley Everyone was tucking into them!

It'll take time, but every day you can see changes in people around you. My mother- once a seriously heavy smoker, is now vegetarian and eats as healthy as possible, organic, fresh fruit and veg. My Grand-dad was eating only vegetarian food last night (unlike him!). A family friend stated she was almost vegetarian because she prefers the taste of vegetarian food.

One day at a time, folks!

Date: June 28, 2007 05:30PM

I've imagined this kind of thing too - like a nice health food store, but all raw and way bigger! There would still be lots of scope for individuality - sporty, political, business, etc types, but the parameters would be defined by much cleaner, kinder concepts - yeah, nice thought, Mislu.

Posted by: Frannie ()
Date: June 28, 2007 07:01PM

Shazzie is working on an all raw village in England.

[www.theheartcentre.org.uk]

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: June 28, 2007 10:08PM

Ha! Ha! Well...yes. In the mean time, I'll settle for seeing more all-raw households....to act as examples! And more folks growing their own fresh, organic produce! LOL. THAT's a challenge right there!

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: June 28, 2007 11:18PM

Frannie, it's so interesting to see that website.

She must be a ball of energy, really driven and ambitious and I wish this effort all the best kinds of luck.

The first thing that popped into my mind was the saying about 'whatever you can dream, you can achieve' and other such things.

I like what the site says about using the most modern and ancient techniques, etc.

Very cool.......

Date: June 29, 2007 03:48PM

Rawnoggin,
I am glad to hear that you feel so much better with raw. After some thought however, raw may not be a total panecea for all of societies ills. However, it would be interesting to see whats left if a community went raw.

Date: June 29, 2007 03:49PM

David,
yes, what would examples do if everyone followed the ideal? I suppose move on to something else?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables