Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Urinary Tract Infection
Posted by: rawfrancois ()
Date: July 01, 2007 10:06PM

I have a mild urinary tract infection, when I pee there's a faint trace of blood afterwards. I have read about a lot of holistic cures; now I'd like to hear yours.

I had one in the beginning of the year as well, I just drank water and took two prescription antibiotic pills from a friend (not even prescribed for me!) and it went away after a week or less. I don't have any antibiotics and don't feel like taking them anyway. So any suggestions?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Urinary Tract Infection
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: July 01, 2007 11:20PM

You could @#$%& with distilled water and braggs apple cider vinegar. You can drink distilled water and braggs apple cider vinegar. Doesn't have to be braggs brand, if you find another brand that is raw unfiltered and organic with what is called "The Mother" that's the kind to use.

They say cranberry juice is very good for that. You could take a probiotic supplement daily for a month.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 01, 2007 11:22PM

you shouldnt take someone elses medications .. all antibioticcs are not prescribed for the same thing .. taking the wrong medication can lessen your chances of antibiotics working down the road when you truly need them (if that ever happens)

massive amounts of fresh raw cranberry juice have been known to clear up UTI's

smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: July 02, 2007 01:44AM

Thanks. I'm using coconut oil right now and it seems to be healing.

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: July 02, 2007 03:34AM

I read on this board a little while ago someone having success with raw cranberry kombucha.

Posted by: Seabucktho ()
Date: July 02, 2007 04:46AM

Rather than cranberry juice (which, unless it's a special kind, is full of sugar), try cranberry extract pills, which you can get at most pharmacies and health food stores. Drink a lot of water, and take up to 8 of the cranberry pills (up to 4 at a time) every day.

I actually have a fantastic home remedy for UTIs, but it's a bit out there.

Date: July 02, 2007 05:37AM

I'd love to hear the home remedy. I have strawberry kombucha downstairs, I didn't even think of it. I'll chug some tomorrow morning (I HATE the taste). As for the cranberry pills: if they're not expensive, I'll get them. I considered them earlier.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 02, 2007 06:59AM

raw fresh cranberry juice is no more sugary then any other fresh fruit juice .. if your getting ocean spray from the grocery store yea .. cranbery cocktail has sugar added

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: July 02, 2007 10:24AM

you need to see a urologist. sorry. i know people here try to stay away from doctors but if you have more than 1 UTI a year it could be a sign of something more serious. it might not even BE a uti. you need to get advice from a qualified professional. not an internet forum. it sounds very serious to me. i mean, you are peeing blood for gods sake!!! go to the doctor.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: July 02, 2007 01:49PM

Pihourova is right, see a Dr. about it.

Love,
Prism

Date: July 02, 2007 03:15PM

My parents are never home but I'll try to get them to make me a doctor's appointment. Thanks.

Date: July 02, 2007 03:18PM

Also, this is my second UTI, ever. The last one was a lot worse, I had chills & a fever and far more blood and it went away pretty quickly.

Date: July 02, 2007 03:56PM

yes, but you also took antibiotics. i am NOT suggesting you take someone else's antibiotics again. i just want you to look at all the variables in this equation.

i am telling you all this because i had a similar situation. i thought i was having uti's and i would take antibiotics and it would go away. (you dont need prescription in the country i resided in at the time)

well, it turned out i had an std that i contracted from my cheating boyfriend at the time. i had it for over a year before i found out. the antibiotics just cleared it up for a short time and then it would come back because it was not treated properly. it cleared up with the PROPER medication that a urologist gave me.

all the symptoms of the std were the same as the uti. it was not until the symptoms became more serious and i was having "uti's" every month that i went to the doctor. he told me that its not normal to have more than 1 uti in a 12 month period.

just be careful is all i am saying. maybe you could call one of your parents and convince them to call the doctor. if they refuse, that is actually a form of child neglect.

good luck. i feel for you.

Date: July 02, 2007 06:41PM

I'm so sorry to hear that. Your ex (hopefully?!) boyfriend sounds like a @#$%&. The last UTI I had was in early February, so I don't think it's STD-related, but I'm getting a culture test from a doctor tomorrow morning, so we'll see.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate your advice. My sister's a homeopath so usually she gives me remedies, but I like hearing second opinions.

ON A RAW NOTE:
RAW HONEY CURES SCARS!

Posted by: Seabucktho ()
Date: July 02, 2007 08:19PM

Seabucktho Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Rather than cranberry juice (which, unless it's a
> special kind, is full of sugar), try cranberry
> extract pills, which you can get at most
> pharmacies and health food stores. Drink a lot of
> water, and take up to 8 of the cranberry pills (up
> to 4 at a time) every day.
>
> I actually have a fantastic home remedy for UTIs,
> but it's a bit out there.

Sorry, but it's really pretty out there, and I'm not comfortable posting it publicly, because it's contraindicated for people with heart conditions (which people don't necessarily know they have). If anyone's that keen, PM me and I'll send it privately. And BTW I second the advice to see an MD; the risk of UTIs is always a kidney infection, which can be very, very serious.

Date: July 02, 2007 09:34PM

yes, he is my ex!!! and yes, he is a @#$%&!

i was not trying to imply that you have an std. i just meant that it could be something more serious than a uti. you would be surprised of all the things the doctor thought i might have had with those symptoms until he got the results of the cultures.

i am really glad you are going to the doctor. please post and just let me know if you are ok. smiling smiley

i will be thinking of you. good luck!winking smiley

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: July 02, 2007 09:44PM

Calloidal Silver will cure a UTI quickly. It has worked better for me than any of the previously mentioned remedies. It is a natural antibiotic. You can purchase it at a health store or buy a machine and make it yourself (I do). One of the resons I do is it hads a shelf life of one month so be sure it is fresh. It is important to remedy what causes the UTI in the first place. Some said more than one a year is not good. I think any is bad.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables