Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Going to the theatre
Posted by: Peisinoe ()
Date: July 02, 2007 11:30AM

Just wanted to share that I think it is a shame that the movie theatres which don't allow outside food never have a fruit alternative.

I sneak in grapes. smiling smiley

winking smiley
xxpeisi

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Going to the theatre
Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: July 02, 2007 02:44PM

haha thats such a good idea!! bc theyre not smelly, hehe im gunna do that now :]

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: July 02, 2007 06:09PM

Yup. I've eaten bags of 1/2 dozen avocadoes in Theaters! Ha! ha!

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: July 02, 2007 11:35PM

I was so pissed a couple weeks ago when my kids and I went to a public water park. We took in a cooler with some healthy, raw food. They wouldn't let us take it all the way in. When I told them we only eat healthy food they said we could come up to the office area and eat it and they would keep it for us. I went to the snack bar and all the food thay had was total junk. There are people all around us eating Frito pies but we can't take in fruit? It is no wonder Lousiana is the second state in the nation leading in obesity. I am planning on calling someone and complaining. I think the only thing that might make a change is writing the paper. I know our society is trying to make changes because of the increase in organics available to me. Maybe if I say it loud enough someone will listen. It seems like discrimination to me. You can eat your "healthy" food but you can't do it with the others. Especially, but not exclusively, because it was a publicly funded place.

Posted by: inspirit ()
Date: July 03, 2007 01:51AM

Right on pakd4fun! The pols go on and on about health care for all and sometimes a little lip service to prevention of disease. Then they punish ya for feeding your kids healthy food. Give 'em hell.

inspirit - aka coolkarma

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 03, 2007 03:35AM

if your small chested its amazing the amount of fruit you can smuggle in an oversized bra smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: July 03, 2007 03:57AM

lol!!!!
pesinoe couldnt you just put it in yor purse ?
why bra lol

Posted by: rawfrancois ()
Date: July 03, 2007 04:00AM

HAHAHA just Friday afternoon my boyfriend and I snuck cherries and a tomato into the theatre. The cherries were delicious.

Posted by: Peisinoe ()
Date: July 03, 2007 11:07AM

I guess I am small chested enough to try the bra thing, but I would be embarrased getting it out in the theatre!!

I prefer to just use my handbag. grinning smiley

Pakd4fun- that is disgusting that they won't let you eat fruit wherever you want!! I would definately complain! Start a petition!!! You know, yesterday, I was walking around ikea with a big bag of grapes and no one said anything or complained, and I mean... This was in a store!! Sweden is very health conscious though, and I would be surprised if anyone was told they were not allowed to eat fruit, except perhaps around expensive art or papers that could get destroyed... But a waterpark?

Insanity.
I feel sorry for the children of america.

xxpeisi

Posted by: Lauralai ()
Date: July 03, 2007 01:02PM

Oh my gosh, you had to go up to the office and eat healthy food, hidden away in secret so the junk food junkies don't see you. What a joke! This world boggles my mind with stuff like that. Definately write to the paper!

Posted by: brokenbrooke ()
Date: July 03, 2007 02:01PM

i always brings cut strawberries and blueberries for my niece and i....
i just put them in my purse.

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: July 03, 2007 02:46PM

It's a financial thing - they want the $$ from the purchase of food from their concession stands. It's that way in most movie theatres here. They make more $$ from the popcorn than from the movies.

In my small-town theater they used to have someone walk up and down the aisles during the movie checking to see if patrons were eating contraband food; and would kick you out if you did! Talk about awful customer relations. Years ago a friend told me she had snuck in a whole pizza without getting caught. I can't figure out how she managed that one--it would have been noticed by the smell alone but she swears she did it and got away with it.

I bring grapes, or a few dates and walnuts. They don't smell or make a mess in my purse.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 03, 2007 03:11PM

they have people at our theater walking the isles too checking for outside food and they randomly check purses (they say for alcohol) ..

they cant check my bra ! my hunnie says i got the best pair of melons in town an he really means it !! winking smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: July 03, 2007 04:49PM

At this water park they checked all our bags. I had a little picnic packed because I didn't think it would be a problem. The point is if they make you buy their food they should have healthy choices if they don't have healthy choices they should let you bring your own and eat it at the picnic tables like everyone else. In this society most people would continue to buy their junk so they needn't worry about losing money. With the money we are spending on healthcare cost it's a joke thay are worried about selling a few nachos and sodas. Remember this is a city park, not private.

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: July 03, 2007 08:14PM

Pakd4fun,

That's pretty outrageous. I would definitely complaint to the city.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables