Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

White Spots on nails, what does it mean?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 02, 2007 06:04PM

What does it mean if my nails have white spots? Is it Zinc? or Calcium? or somethin' else?

I have had white on my finger nails for...a long time and now I am finally wondering what it is.

Some say "It is nothing just detoxification" and others tell me "I am worried about you, you need something" so I really just wanna get to the bottom and of the pit and find the cause!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, and lot of love to all!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: White Spots on nails, what does it mean?
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: July 02, 2007 06:38PM

It's supposed to be a sign of bruising, and if you bruise easily you need to strengten your blood with iron rich foods.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: rawfrancois ()
Date: July 02, 2007 06:43PM

Zinc deficiency. I have one, too, and I just got the raw pumpkin seeds to eat today, haha.

Here's a really good list and explanation of foods high in zinc and zinc deficiency.

[www.whfoods.org]

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: July 02, 2007 07:16PM

Whoa, that must be why I craved shrimp like crazy a little while ago! It's on the zinc list... and I had those little white spots on my fingernails, too - and now they're gone! Ok well now I know some raw vegan alternatives for the next time I crave shrimp - pumpkin seeds & sesame seeds & peas aren't foods I really ever eat so that must be why I didn't crave them, my body didn't know.

Posted by: rawfrancois ()
Date: July 03, 2007 04:07AM

I tried analyzing my cravings but I can't think of any of those foods on the list ever being interesting to me. The pumpkin seeds I got today were free, I was so excited.

Posted by: smilebig ()
Date: July 04, 2007 01:47AM

I notice that I get the white spots on my nails after I've they've been hit, banged, smashed, etc.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables