Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Summerheat and strengthing ones body
Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: July 11, 2007 07:24PM

My best friend in the world is really uncomfortable with summerheat symptoms. He had some severe heat stroke several years ago, and has been sensitive ever since. Hes at home with the fan on, resting, taking cool showers etc. He wants to get AC, which is overbudget for him. I also don't know if its really needed, as he complains about heat even at 70-75 F, and its about 90 now outside. Maybe he needs it immediately, but at least is probably 70 inside.

What can be done to improve his bodies tolerance of heat? I would like to know, because I don't want him to get heat stroke again. Plus I don't know when he complains so much if its just discomfort or something worse. I also don't particularly want to hear about it all the time, because I feel cooler when I'm not thinking about it.

I have heard that watermelon is the best for summerheat, but he has some judgements about it, because of the juice. He thinks its messy and sticky. I feel like saying "look bud, its either the juice or the heat". Another item thats supposed to be good is mung beans. But he doesn't like the taste. But he seems to be more open to that, as at least its not sticky. Hes been eating pears and cherries, which he says helps. I am sure any fruit will help. But any other advice?

A unique stratagy for both of this year is to drink warm water. In my case, I have actually been drinking hot water. Oddly enough it seems to help. It helps me to break into a sweat, and then afterwards I feel cooler. Also this winter I have been trying to eat some foods which are reported to help deal with summer months later.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Summerheat and strengthing ones body
Posted by: pampam ()
Date: July 11, 2007 08:19PM

an interesting subject, it sounds like you have researched it a bit. The water mellon can be cut up in bite sized bits and eaten with a fork. What about juicing the rind? I don't know much else but to keep hydrated in the heat. Good luck

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: July 11, 2007 09:04PM

uh, most folks are so chocked full of internal wastes that the heat/sun is actually quite deadly.

one has to really drastically alter ones health, to ameliorate this situation. And any changes in that regard would probably make things worse before they get better.

best options for small changes would be removing things that are dehydrating and that clog the arteries and blood vessels. salt/meat/dairy/grains.

no fruit will 'help' (other then the added hydration) unless he/she's eating it in place of something else

fresh vegetable juice would help, but doesn't sound like that is gonna happen

best of luck

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: July 12, 2007 03:04PM

Anaken,
Interesting. However, I didn't feel uncomfortable at 94 f yesterday. That was quite strange,

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: July 13, 2007 09:52PM

No matter what he's eating, he would be wise to drink plenty of refreshing cool water, distilled preferably.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 13, 2007 10:27PM

ameliorate ..

i like that word smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Frannie ()
Date: July 14, 2007 12:24PM

How about watermelon smoothies? Just chuck all the meat including the seeds in the blender. All the refreshingness without the mess.

I agree with Anaken about most folks being so chocked full of internal wastes that the heat/sun is actually quite deadly.

The cleaner my body becomes on raw the more I feel that I'm becoming a perfect conduit for light and sun energy to pass through without anything blocking it. I love it. (sorry, got a bit carried away smiling smiley

Francis

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables