Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New to forum, have questions
Posted by: love ()
Date: April 13, 2007 10:03PM

Hello people!

I just joined this forum...what's gonin' on? How is everybody? I am great!

So here are my lovely questions;

1. What foods are great for hair growth?

2. When you sprout and/or soak nuts and seeds are they still the same? Are they still considered a fat? What happens?

3. Where do you get your protien from? I know that a lot of raw foodist's say that you don't need that much protien. My body type does need more then some though. I am a fast oxidizer, I think, and you are supposed to eat 50 % protein I think!

4. How does your body respond to different ways of eating raw food. Example; high fat, high greens, high fruit, etc. I mean respond by; energy, hair, health, teeth, skin, etc.

Thank you!

Love to all!

Love love love!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New to forum, have questions
Posted by: life101 ()
Date: April 14, 2007 02:26AM

Love,

1. Foods that high in silica. MSM is supposed to help, too.
2. Controversy. Some say that sprouting seeds is not as nutrition dense as growing them in soil. Soaking nuts allows for better digestibility and easier chewing.
3. Human babies' milk I heard is about 7% protein. 50% is waaay too much. Protein can be obtained from plants, seeds, etc. Check out the nutritional values at fitday.com or other website.
4. The cleaner your body, the more alkaline your body is and the more you will enjoy and crave raw foods. Most keep a low fat. Very popular is 80/10/10 method of only 10% of intake from fat. Some eat 100% fruit. Other lean more towards veggies or a combination. Each person's body reacts differently. You will have to gauge what is best for your body by monitoring your body's response to your intake.

Good luck.
Therese

Date: April 16, 2007 12:34AM

Thank you!

I think cucumber's are high in silica. I use MSM shampoo too!

Well, I don't know if it means 50% protien from greens, like maybe 50% of the diet is supposed to be greens. I will just listen to my body!

I find I don't feel very good on lots of fruit at this moment. So, I don't eat that much fruit. Thank you for the information though!

Love to all!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2007 12:37AM by love.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 16, 2007 01:55AM

I just joined this forum...what's gonin' on? How is everybody? I am great!

1. What foods are great for hair growth?

best to ask those with the best results, in this case that's Annette Larkins and the Kwatamini Family

2. When you sprout and/or soak nuts and seeds are they still the same? Are they still considered a fat? What happens?

No,totally different, nutrition changes and goes up by 100's of percent. Fat content goes down.
Chemically, a chicken just hatched is totally different than the just laid egg.
These prove the process of biological transmutation.

3. Where do you get your protien from? I know that a lot of raw foodist's say that you don't need that much protien. My body type does need more then some though. I am a fast oxidizer, I think, and you are supposed to eat 50 % protein I think!

Everthing.

4. How does your body respond to different ways of eating raw food. Example; high fat, high greens, high fruit, etc. I mean respond by; energy, hair, health, teeth, skin, etc.

High fat, sluggish in every way.

High greens, great in every way.

High Fruit, cleanses, acts quickly on blood sugar leaves, but end up totally washed out.

elnatural

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: April 16, 2007 02:05AM

elnatural,

What would a typical daily menu of a high greens diet look like? Can you show me a typical daily menu for yourself, including meal times and quantities of foods? For example for me a typical day of mine this might look like:

noon: 12 tangerines, 6 bananas
7pm: 6 mangos, 1 romaine heart, 4 tomatoes, 1 cucumber.

Date: April 16, 2007 03:42AM

Bryan

To start off people are trained to eat like machines due to being employed in factories and being on factory shedules. They are olny "let out of the cage" at certain times during the day. I too am employed in an office job and can't stand how it restricts natural eating patterns.

On my own I never eat to any kind of a time shedule period. I eat only when realy hungry. Because of working in an office I am kind of forced to eating at certain times.

In the morning is the time to rehydrate and cleanse, for me most often that is 1 lemon, 1 lime, 2 grapefruit and or oranges juiced then added to 2 quarts of distilled water with a litte cayane pepper and or ginger.

other morning drinks are blended cantaloupe, honey dew melon, or watermelon.

or apples blended with lemon and ginger.

then later a quart or 2 veggie juice if I have it from the night before.

I drink herb teas during the day. I use yerba mate a lot. I eat very little at work

I come home for lunch and make smoothies, greens plus fruit. about 1 quart.

at night I eat a huge salad that is high is sprouts, alfalfa,mung beans, spicy blend, lentils that I sprout, In that salad goes different things at different times. Garlic, tomatoes, green onions, mushrooms, zuchini,cabbage, brocoli, many different herbs, cucumbers, pinch of celtic sea salt,
The dressing is usually hot suace of some kind. or none at all. or a nut or seed based blended dressing.

then I make my gallon of juice
this is where I use the hard veggeis and realy dark greens.
large bunch each, kale or collards, spinach, parsely,
bunch of carrots, 2 beets, 1 cucumber, 1 bunch celery, 2 apples
sometimes garlic, sometims hot pepper

I call this my transfusion

--------------------------------------------

I never juice fruits except apples that go into the veggie juice.

I use dates, raisins, figs, bananas,for work snacks,

That's pretty close to what I do, no pre planed shedule, I eat intuitivey.

I use home made kraut and kimchi

elnatural_1

Date: April 16, 2007 10:24PM

Thank you! Do you know what kind of body type you are elnatural_1? I feel great on raw fat! By the way what does Annette Larkins and the Kwatamini Family mean?

Wow Bryan! You eat just fruit! Does this make you feel good? How is your blood sugar?

Love and light to all!

love

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: April 16, 2007 10:41PM

love Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wow Bryan! You eat just fruit!

Last time I tried some, romaine was a type of lettuce ;-)

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Date: April 17, 2007 02:48AM

Love

Annette Larkins is at least 65 but looks like a barby doll. A friend and long term raw foodist in Maima, She has a web site. One of, if not the best examples of what happens on long term live foods.

The Kwatamani Family is in Florida also, best example of balanced, light, elegant,tasty, beautifull food. Most beautifull skin, hair,and countanance, many kids and all them raw from birth.

For my body type see my picture under the green mustache topic. other than that - creative, brilliant, athletic, peacefull, laid back, joyfull, musical, humorous,100% natural,adventuresome, loves nature,inquisitive, scientific, alive,beaming,glowing,radiant, going higher...............

elnatural_1

Date: April 18, 2007 12:39AM

Thank you!

Funky Rob, Sorry, I guess I missed the lettuce part...ehh!

elnatural_1, How do I see pictures of these people or websites? Thank you! Where is "The green mustache" topic? Thank you again!

Love and light to all!

love

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2007 12:41AM by love.

Date: April 18, 2007 12:52AM

Google those names.

2nd page.

elnatural

Date: April 18, 2007 08:14PM

Thank you! I will check it out!

Love to all!

love

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: April 19, 2007 11:21PM

I read Kwatanami's book. They are polygamous and believe that white people are cockroaches who moved into the cold. Black people , they say, are the image of god. It is some weird cult like that. I have the book. It was a little funny. he really thinks high of himself and makes like he is a chosen one.

I have no judgement, I think its good to think high of yourself and be an individual. He really believes he is chosen and tells stories of visions and god talking to him and quests to egypt.

They call themselves a royal family and eat raw foods. I always get scared to go see them. I should though. Curiousity. He used to have a photo of all his wives but he took it down, these are his children

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2007 11:27PM by coconutcream.

Date: April 20, 2007 12:53AM

Cococream

I have met them in person more than once and read some of what he has written. I believe he thinks that blacks were the original people and that whites evolved by moving to colder climates and eating cooked food. He doesnt like white becuase to him it represents disease. He thinks cooked food is the cause of all evil and if everyone ate raw evil would stop. He thinks he is his gods rep. on this earth and his god only speaks though him and the world will be saved through him. He totaly decimates Christianity. With that said, in person he is totaly laid back and you wouldn't guess that he would write those things. He doesn't say his provavative things in public. They do have the best food though and by all those children in perfect health, they are doing it right diet wise.

One offline thing I want you to be aware of if you ever do see him in person.

elnatural

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2007 01:03AM by elnatural_1.

Date: April 20, 2007 02:46AM

What??? I want to be aware of it!!lol

Date: April 20, 2007 02:52AM

email me

elnatural

Date: April 20, 2007 03:18AM

I am too lazy

Date: April 20, 2007 03:49AM

Bryan I love your diet, that is pretty cool! Just like that, you eat a head of romaine?

Benito De Donno says greens are for horses and cows, and to eat fruit, that's for us, what do you say to that?
hahah

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 20, 2007 04:12AM

now im curious whats the secret? winking smiley whats up with him in person?

Date: July 16, 2007 03:30PM

Coconutcream and El Naturale,

Wow...you must really dislike this man (LOL). I've read some of the books myself and have never read anything like "white people are cockroaches" or that "God" spoke directly to him or guest in Egypt (???)...what book is that in? The pictures you're looking for are still on the website. And by the way, those aren't just his children on the picture above though I'm sure they appreciate the compliments (LOL again). Hey El, what's the big secret that you don't want to disclose in public. It seems from the tone of your post that you don't worry about sparing any feelings so why the secrecy?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2007 03:40PM by joshua9.

Date: July 16, 2007 03:46PM

Does anyone know where that picture is taken? I don't think that is Florida...is it?

Posted by: islandgirl ()
Date: July 16, 2007 05:07PM

I love how this thread starts out asking about what foods are great for your hair...and ends up with all of us wanting to know some secret about a raw polygamist who dislikes white people. Go figure....

So now, I want to know too...not about hair, but about the Kwatanami guy!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables