Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pain in Chest Area since 60% - 75% Raw - Newbie
Posted by: lorddimples ()
Date: July 18, 2007 10:05AM

I just completed the MC on the 10 of July & have religiously followed the post cleanse OJ & even eaten 60 - 75% raw foods since. Today is July 18th & I just woke up with the above desribed pain. It feels like my lungs have collapsed & my heart is being squeezed from the restricted space. I've actually experienced this pain within the 10 day MC several times while sleeping or as I am waking up. During the cleanse I took it to mean my body detoxifying. Now I'm not so sure.

I've also been constipated since ending the master cleanse even though my diet is high in fruits & vegetables. My probiotic supplement has come in the form of yogurt & kombucha.

Before I jumped to conclusions I have searched these forums for common MC ailments. One that has come to mind is Acid Reflux. I don't feel like acid is riding up my esophagus but I am burping. That's one symptom I identify.

I've understood that Acid Reflux may be caused by not enough acid in the stomach. A misconception is that it's too much acid. Whatever the case I understand that I am 6 days into eating a very healthy diet & tonight I get this massive pain.

The Lemonade, according to Stanley Borroughs MC creator, doesn't introduce more acid to the body because the body converts it. So let's say I haven't built up acids in my stomach. Let's say that my stomach acids have been diluted from a lack of acidic foods & liquids. Good. Maybe my body is going into shock over the introduction of food regardless of it being healthy. My stomach has a diluted amount of acids & the solid foods have made it over produce to a point it's not use to..... not use to yet?

I should give it some more time to see if this goes away or not. I will, I have no choice. I really however am worried & need to understand this. Is it acid reflux that I'm experiencing? (Or is there a rhino sitting on my chest?) If so why? Why am I constipated? My bowel movements are at 1 - 1/2 day intervals.
I might not be drinking enough water but I doubt it.

The fact that I'm constipated definitely means the food isn't going through my system fast enough. During the Master Cleanse by the way I didn't have Bowel Movement issues.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pain in Chest Area since 60% - 75% Raw - Newbie
Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: July 18, 2007 01:30PM

Looks like you are trying to self diagnose and making some assumptions, some which I see don't ring true.

I would suggest be very careful and start by asking not only why you are doing some of these things but are they truly needed?? Did you come to these conclusions by another person's experiences?? Whatever the case, if you experience symptoms that persist, do be careful and consider professional guidance OR get fully educated in what you are doing. No one has your history, or lives your life except you. So others can only speculate. If unwilling to do that - GO SLOW and do one thing at a time and try to understand all you can and be aware of outside effects in your lifestyle and even mindset.

Posted by: rainbowgrl ()
Date: July 18, 2007 03:25PM

Hey,

I think sometimes when you interrupt the flow of the colon by not eating it can get stuck like that. I suggest some ginger in your food which helps the flow of the colon (parastaltic), and some Aloe Gel...not at the same time, but...you know.

Also check out if you are having like panic attacks or something, not big deal but...the chest is where you feel it sometimes...for myself. Or just pain of loneliness...I think feelings are so connected to sickness.

Good luck and try to take care of your needs specifically. Breath deep- thats sounds fun.

Posted by: mamadeb ()
Date: July 18, 2007 04:21PM

....I would call my doctor...and ask if this is something that needs to be checked out.....chest pain can be very serious or not, but I wouldn't mess with it....better to rule out serious medical problems, at least this is what works for me...good luck! Deb

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: July 18, 2007 04:51PM

i`m with deb...don`t mess with chest pain
patty

Posted by: Seabucktho ()
Date: July 18, 2007 10:36PM

I absolutely agree that chest pains aren't to be trifled with. To add to that is that you might consider seeing a chiropractor or osteopath. My personal experience both with the 'tight, heavy' chest feeling (particularly when lying down) and poor BMs is that it's always because of my back being 'out'. Best wishes, and good luck! (And see a medical professional!)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables