Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

canker sores
Posted by: RawBetty ()
Date: July 24, 2007 08:47PM

I occasionally get canker sores on my tongue that are really painful! I feel that they erupt when my diet gets out of balance. Any ideas on preventing or getting rid of them would be much appreciated!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: canker sores
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: July 24, 2007 09:18PM

I use camphophenic, it works very quickly, and takes the pain away too.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: mrdc ()
Date: July 24, 2007 11:38PM

are they contagious?
thanks
dave

Date: July 25, 2007 01:20AM

I think canker sores are not contagious, cold sores are (outside the mouth). I would like to figure out what prompts them specifically (usually it is overindulgence when eating/drinking), but is it too acidic of an environment in the stomach, or what??
Thanks for your input...

Posted by: islandgirl ()
Date: July 25, 2007 03:35PM

The only time I get canker sores in my mouth is when I eat oranges or tomatoes. As a child, I was diagnosed with allergies to both of them. Since going raw my overall allergies have improved and some have disappeared all together. However, I still get this symptom from time to time, just not as bad.

Date: July 25, 2007 10:45PM

Have you eliminated oranges and tomatoes from your diet, or just eat them occasionally? Is it clear that the cankers occur after you eat oranges or tomatoes? Did you have an allergy test to determine your allergies??
Thanks for your feedback. I am really trying to find what causes the cankers to occur so that I can better prevent them...

Posted by: islandgirl ()
Date: July 26, 2007 04:02PM

I am 47 and the allergy testing was done when I was 12. Whenever I eat oranges or tomatoes I will get usually one or two sores in my mouth. I am not mono eating these foods, nor do I have them frequently or in a large amount. But the result is consistent everytime. Occasionally, I also get this when eating strawberries, which I am supposedly allergic to, however, over the years I have been better able to tolerate strawberries than oranges and tomatoes.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables