Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Starting out question...Please help.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 26, 2007 05:27AM

Good morning. I just started the Raw food diet. I must admit, I like it. It's simple and very tasty. However, I do have one or two questions about this lifestyle.

I keep reading how all foods must be organic. How juice must be homemade. To be very honest, the main reason for trying this out is my skin. I also keep reading how this diet is wonderful on skin. So here are my questions(finally).

1.Is it so important to buy organic and make your own juice?
2.Will I still see good result if not buying "all" my foods organic?
3.How about Tropicana 100% juice with no added water or sugar?

I'm sorry if these questions sounds foolish but I really want to make this work.

Thank you for all your help and answers.

Marc Jr (Quebec,Canada)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Starting out question...Please help.
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: July 26, 2007 07:07AM

If you can afford organic, buy organic. It is healthier for your body and will allow your skin to heal faster.

If you don't get all organic, you will still get much more healing than if you eat cooked non-organic food.

The Tropicana juice will be pasteurized, which makes it cooked.

Posted by: mjhednrik ()
Date: July 27, 2007 06:45PM

marc

Tropicana juice IMO is same lifeless junk as many other pasturized juice which have a long shelf life.

Get some fresh oranges or grape fruits and have your juice fresh (organic if possible). If you use about 2-3 oranges for a glass the price per day is not so bad.

just my 5 cents

MH

Posted by: perbetty ()
Date: July 27, 2007 07:29PM

I was given that orange juice and told it was raw. Drinking it (although I could taste something funny going on) gave me the first and last headache I'd had since eating raw.

Marc, welcome, and good for you for starting this lifestyle! Any time you need encouragement, you'll find it here.

Betty

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 28, 2007 12:40PM

Thank you for all your answers. I'm sure this lifestyle change will be the best thing I've done.

Again, thank you.

Marc.

'Organic' means 'Poison/Radiation-FREE'
Posted by: jivana_vegan ()
Date: July 29, 2007 01:18AM

1.Is it so important to buy organic and make your own juice?

There are two questions. Is it important to buy organic & is it important to buy organic when juicing.

Let us be clear: NOT INGESTING POISONS IS IMPORTANT!
If you can buy organic, buy it - and avoid things that are heavily sprayed, such as strawberries (conventional, of course).

It is thrice as important when juicing because you are able to consume large amounts of this plant/fruit matter, via extracting it - thus, you are concentrating its nutrients and poisons as well - therefore, if you are going to juice - buy organic and chew your juice, savor that 'yummy organic goodness’.

Honestly, I love knowing something is organic, as I can ‘ravish the mango’ that much more intensely, if you know what I mean!

2.Will I still see good result if not buying "all" my foods organic?

Yes! Many foods are not sprayed or are only sprayed just enough to keep pests at bay. Enzymes are still there, and they are obviously not killing people immediately – but, let’s just say, for every organic ingredient you include in lieu of a conventional one (depending what it is, you might not be able to tell with paprika, for instance) – you will feel notably better, in my experience.

Organic food, via scientific studies was found to TASTE BETTER and have 40% MORE MINERALS than its conventional counterpart – take THAT to the Super-Market!

3.How about Tropicana 100% juice with no added water or sugar?

It is pasteurized – so I suggest: JUICE YOUR OWN!

Try the farmer’s markets, if you can – often a great way to stock up on quality, LOCAL produce, and they will often give you a deal if you come back frequently and if you buy large amounts!

So buy a large bag of organic oranges, juice it down – and watch the sunshine get much, much brighter!

Peace be within you, friend.

~Khy'em

PS.
Check out our new website – we use ALL ORGANIC INGREDIENTS:

jivanavegan.com

As they say in the health-food stores:
‘Don’t panic, it’s organic!’

Posted by: perbetty ()
Date: July 29, 2007 01:31AM

Bravo, Jivanavegan!

Thanks perbetty
Posted by: jivana_vegan ()
Date: July 29, 2007 01:46AM

Bravo to all the Organic Farmers who really make it happen for us!

~K

[jivanavegan.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2007 01:47AM by jivana_vegan.

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: July 29, 2007 03:52AM

ans:

1. its important to SUPPORT organic if you have the ability. its important to make your own juices (certainly as opposed to buying PAST-juices - better off with pure water IMO) if you are using them as food substitutes...allowing for great digestive rest and healing.

2. YES. buying organic shouldn't make much of a difference in the cleansing periods, although it certainly tastes better!

3. already answered but let me say: these are perfectly good questions and i'm sure - asking these types of things - that you WILL make things work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2007 03:53AM by anaken.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables