Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw Cereal -
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 02, 2007 03:50PM

Hello, first post and just curious about raw cereal. My primary source of carbs come from oatmeal and sweet potato's, but I want to incorporate raw cereal into my diet. I have searched, and havent found but one or two recipes... can anyone shed a little light?

No milk? What kind of grains.... etc?

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw Cereal -
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: August 02, 2007 04:08PM

sprouted buckwheat is good, with water, or blended bananas or cut fruit.

as far as carbs, is there some reason you can't eat fruit?

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: August 03, 2007 02:03AM

We sprout buckwheat and then dehydrate them and eat them over cut fruit covered with almond milk. We also cut dried dates and nuts and put on it and honey. It is the best cereal ever.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: August 04, 2007 04:49PM

How about a trail mix you make yourself, then top with nut milk, and fresh fruit of choice?

I just figured out something yesterday..my adult son who just graduated college is back living with me. Slow to get a job, slow to do much of anything..this has frustrated me and I've relapsed back into cooked foods..and feeling the effects.

This is what I figured out..he has no money, so I'm the one doing the shopping..and I've been buying foods (I won'd shock any of you by listing them) I haven't had in my cupboards for years. I actually ate some of it to my horror!

Oh..back to what I figured out..I'm only stocking my kitchen with raw foods! If he gets hungry he will be eating smoothies, salads, nuts, seeds, trail mix, dates, nut butters, etc...If he wants something else he will find work, have money and do his own shopping.

Since I do childcare in my home, I'll be shopping every evening for the next day for the kids. I'll try to keep their meals, and snacks as wholesome as I can, but they aren't my kids, so I do follow the meals guidelines since I'm on a reimbursement program.

Oh gosh..I did run off topic didn't I?!

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Kristen's Raw ()
Date: August 05, 2007 09:22AM

Prism,
Love the post. That's awesome about what you're doing. Cheers!

Kristen Suzanne
--
www.KristensRaw.com
www.KristensRaw.blogspot.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables