Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw food & political beliefs?
Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: August 12, 2007 06:03PM

Is it possible to be both a raw foodist and a republican? Just wondering.

I notice that the republicans in my life tend to be the junk food eaters, maybe it's just a coincidence but I thought I'd put it out there and see what other people thought.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw food & political beliefs?
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: August 12, 2007 06:34PM

only when we're talking about ron paul.

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: August 12, 2007 06:51PM

ron is a raw foodist? or did you mean you`re a supporter of ron who is a republican and you`re a raw foodist? LOL

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: August 12, 2007 06:55PM

dewey Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ron is a raw foodist? or did you mean you`re a
> supporter of ron who is a republican and you`re a
> raw foodist? LOL

oh. i took the question as:
"republican" = republican supporter
so being a raw foodist the only republican i have seen that i would support would be ron paul.

and ron paul is a raw foodist. he just doesn't know it yet.

so, yes to what you said above. :-)

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: August 12, 2007 07:40PM

the republican political structure shouldn't be anti-raw foodist
but most idiots who label themselves such
would ban us
as unsafe

i personally am an old school republican,
small-gov
keep the law off all the details in my life

but i don't know any repubs other than Ron Paul who represent for me.

peace-

Posted by: khale ()
Date: August 12, 2007 07:59PM

Of course its possible.

The two major parties are so screwed up right now that its difficult to remember the core philosophies by which they were formed. I've been a registered republican for many years; a decision based mainly on its core tenets of minimal involvement of government in the lives of individuals, cities and states, which should retain as much autonomy as possible. Part of the understanding of "classical" republican-ism is that with government subsidization of monies, programs and etc. comes some very heavy-duty strings attached: in other words, there is no such thing as a "free lunch". Classical republicanism was the "teach a man to fish" position as opposed to the democratics "give a man a fish" position.

But, as I said before, the parties are no longer well-defined and both are as perverse as the other, in my opinion. The republican party has become what it initially was created to defend against, and so quite recently I changed my affiliation to the Independent Party; which of course, practically speaking, only means that I will be voting for a candidate rather than through party affiliation. But to stay on topic here, I became a raw foodist AS a registered republican. so there you go...

khale

Posted by: knownalien ()
Date: August 12, 2007 08:00PM

i see little differences between the two parties and believe that they have long ago been co-opted. That said, politicians hang around where the money is and right now the money is clearly not in our lifestyles. You can tell me how much Fresh Fields Whole Foods posted in profits, but it would be dwarfed by McDonalds, Wal Mart, Mansato, General Mills etc.

In fact, there is a pull to compromise the standards of "organic" by the very politicians we are supposed to trust. Do they do it because they are trying to do what is BEST for us, or do they do it in an effort to allow their buddies a way to tap into the community we are trying to create??? That is, a society where animals can return to nature and we turn into a less violent race.

Posted by: islandgirl ()
Date: August 13, 2007 12:12AM

In general, I hate politics and find that my voice has little affect, however I am thankful that as an American I have the freedom to have a voice and therefore will continue to resound it. I am a registered Republican and tend towards being very conservative.

Posted by: knownalien ()
Date: August 13, 2007 12:17AM

^^^ republicans were to favor smaller gov't and you will find that under bush the gov't has grown exponetially. Given the same chance, the Democrats would have done the same.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables