Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Help! with loose bowel movements
Posted by: bracken ()
Date: August 12, 2007 05:54AM

Hi there, is there anyone who can help me? I have been eating raw for a few weeks now not 100% yet, I was vegan before. I have noticed since I have cut out my grains I have loose bowel movements. Does everyone experience this on a raw diet? I want to still persue eating this way, I do feel so much healthier. I would be so grateful for any help!

Kind wishes to all

Bracken

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Help! with loose bowel movements
Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: August 12, 2007 06:04AM

I'm loose too. Loose as a goose in the morning.

I'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with that. Even my SAD doctor told me once that it was normal for someone who eats the way I do, and he didn't think there was anything wrong with it either. smiling smiley

Posted by: howellbe ()
Date: August 12, 2007 08:57AM

Can we eat benefiber? its supposed to keep you regular, but it also makes the *ahem* movements firm, in my experience.
it's a supplement, I assume 100% raw fooders can have those, right?

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: August 12, 2007 04:06PM

doesn`t calcium help with that? @#$%& is such a universal subject. i bought my kids a book when i was potty training them called everything @#$%&. what goes in must come out LOL. my bm`s are loose too but worse more at certain times. like when i`m on my period.
patty

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: August 12, 2007 05:37PM

Here's a theory:

SADs often experience loose @#$%& and diarhea when their bodies come into crisis or semicrisis and want to force out something bad.

It's possible that's why SADs associate loose @#$%& with sickness. For many SADs, the only time they experience a loose @#$%& is when they're sick. For raw food vegans though, loose @#$%& might just be the norm, and nothing at all wrong with it.

Maybe the formed @#$%& of SADs comes as a consequence of a consistently semi-dehydrated state.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2007 05:39PM by suncloud.

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: August 12, 2007 06:41PM

very good point suncloud
patty

Posted by: bracken ()
Date: August 13, 2007 05:53AM

Cheers for your posts everyone I really appreciate it, it has put my mind at rest now!

Best wishes to you all!

Bracken

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: August 13, 2007 08:10AM

It means you're not eating enough of the right kind of fiber. There's soluable and insoluable. You need the insoluable fiber to bulk up the stools. It's mostly in grains. Try eating a few bananas a day and see if there's a difference.

Loose stools aren't normal on any diet. It's mostly the reason for the bullshit digestive disorders out theres like "Spastic Bowel" and "IBS/Irritable Bowel Syndrome". It sludges all the way down your colon and leaves that nice toxic mess on your colon walls. Kind of like dumping a thing of chocolate frosting and it sludging it's way down. You might want to look into Colon Cleansing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables