Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

99 Today. Yoga in the Park?
Posted by: arilraw ()
Date: August 08, 2007 12:27PM

Hello, all,

I have today and tomorrow off for various reasons, one of which has nothing to do with the projected temp of 99 degrees today.

My question is this, have any of you stumbled upon practicing yoga in extreme heat? While I was in the park last sunday, I did! All I have to write about that experience is this: It was amazing. Simply amazing.

I hope all are well today.

Thanks,

Arilraw

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 99 Today. Yoga in the Park?
Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: August 08, 2007 01:37PM

I read the subject line as "It's my 99th birthday today, anyone want to join me for yoga in the park?" !!!

(Over here in the UK we use celsius for temperatures so 99 wouldn't be expected!)

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: August 08, 2007 10:29PM

LOL so did I funky smiling smiley

Date: August 09, 2007 11:36AM

Hello,

Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks,

Arilraw

Posted by: brokenbrooke ()
Date: August 12, 2007 02:18AM

where do you live? i live in north flordida and even a 7 in the evening(it was still 97), it was excurtiating!!!! i was sweating my as* off and i only walked 2 miles tonight. i can't imagine how i'd feel if i'd play tennis this evening..
the weather is getting more and more unbearable. i just try to stay hydrated and keep on keeping on!!! good luck to all hose in the dreaded heat....
b.b.

Posted by: brokenbrooke ()
Date: August 12, 2007 09:07AM

arilraw--- did you feel better with the extreme heat. did you feel as though you benefited more from the heat?

Date: August 14, 2007 12:22PM

Dear brokenbrooke,

Yes, I do feel that I benefited more from the intense heat.

I held poses longer, focused more on my breath, my breathing slowed more, stretched further - it was simply a completely better day of practice.

Not that I practice yoga for accomplishment, but I did feel that I accomplished something significant. I had the same feeling when I climbed Dragon's Tooth here in the State of Va. It was three hours up and two and one half down.

By the time I was done with the Dragon's Tooth climb, I was spent. I was actually spent for two days.

Well, I'm off to make break my breakfast smoothie.

Thanks,

Arilraw

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables