Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

good article debunking
Posted by: dewey ()
Date: August 14, 2007 09:37PM

debunking the crap that the news spread last night about antioxidants being harmful to your body...i love this guy

[www.newstarget.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: good article debunking
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: August 14, 2007 10:15PM

- i don't know where mike gets his information that those who didn't take the vitamins were excluded. i looked in the extract and didn't find it.

- antioxidants used in the study wouldn't necessarily impact CV health.
the body controls and directs its workings and healing potential.
the body takes in food in order to fulfill the nutrient requirements that enable it to function normally. to look upon specific agents that we have given scientific names to as controlling specific health outcomes is misguided.

- it is absurd to continue this magic bullet search. we should just simply eat biologically appropriate food that enables the body to function at its highest potential. if we do that, there's no need to talk about statistics or studies or supplements, because health follows easily and naturally.

- the vitamins were likely extracts and not very assimilable by the body.
so the conclusions may actually be valid.

Date: August 14, 2007 10:38PM

seems to make sense to me....

CHICAGO (Reuters) - Middle-aged women at risk for heart disease received little benefit from taking vitamins C, E or beta carotene, researchers said on Monday.

Though vitamin supplements provided no heart benefit, eating a diet rich in those vitamins does make for healthier heart, their study noted.

Experts believe a nutritious diet rich in these vitamins protect the body's cardiovascular system by counteracting compounds known as "free radicals." These harmful compounds build up in the body and can damage artery linings, encourage blood clots and alter the function of blood vessels.

"Single antioxidants (vitamins) may not reflect the complex vitamins and nutrients found in foods, which may explain the discrepancies between most intervention trials and studies of fruits and vegetables," wrote study author Nancy Cook of Brigham and Women's Hospital and Harvard Medical School in Boston.

"While additional research into combinations of agents, particularly for stroke, may be of interest, widespread use of these individual agents for cardiovascular protection does not appear to be warranted," she concluded.

Date: August 14, 2007 10:54PM

fresh Wrote:

> i looked in the extract and didn't find

I meant to say abstract.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables