Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Vegetarian Restaurant & Pictures of your Recipes
Posted by: lorddimples ()
Date: August 16, 2007 12:50AM

Hello
I've been a vegetarian for 2.5 years now. I've also gradually improved my eating habits. I'd say I'm now about 40% Raw in my diet. I love the lifestyle & only wish the improvements I make are reflected in society.

As I become more involved in the vegetarian lifestyle a multitude of things have inspired me. Opening a vegetarian restaurant is a recurring possibility I have yet to fully embrace. Maybe this is a passing dream.

Nevertheless I've become very passionate about the philosophy of vegetarianism. Well actually it's the food that I'm passionate about. Vegetable/Fruits are so good & I can't believe I've desensitized my taste buds up until recently. Honestly I wish I was a Vegetarian who made the decision as a child. I wasn't. I tried it 15 years ago & stopped after 1 year because I was essentially a carbotarian not a vegetarian. Not to healthy on Pasta's & Pizza.

The idea is ripe for the times I think. (Restaurant) What better way to promote a healthier lifestyle & creatively explore multitude of options for satisfying ones cravings?

How else do people empathize with animals but through educating their stomachs? Any form of persuasion can be used to convince people that vegetarianism is the right choice but people in general aren't truly convinced until they taste a difference & feel a heightened sense of well being thenceforth.

Anyway as I'm playing around with this idea I have to admit I do come to this forum for creative answers & to throw ideas out there.

There are alot of recipes being exchanged here yet access is limited. The last 7 week Raw challenge brought so many food combinations to my attention. I was really inspired yet I wish folks could reference them at least with a picture.

As an example:
I have been searching the internet as usual & have found alot of vegetarian blogs - One that stands out is What the hell does a vegan eat anyway?

[veganmenu.blogspot.com]

This guy has been listing a meal a day with pictures since 2002 - it's really incredible. Every Wednesday he does a Raw Food Meal. The food looks so delicious both Raw & cooked Vegan. He's clearly a professional chef...amongst other things so the pictures are really scrumptious. Anyway I wish folks took pics of there meals even if it's not with the best lighting, dinnerware or color scheme.

I also wish there was a Raw Food Blog with submissions from across the globe.

I'll stop talking.
Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Vegetarian Restaurant & Pictures of your Recipes
Posted by: dewey ()
Date: August 16, 2007 03:34AM

awesome site! thanks for sharing! awesome restaurant dream also! pursue it! i`m with you on the wishing i would`ve done it earlier. i keep thinking to myself...why didn`t you do this in your 20`s? UGH! i actually have been thinking of it for at least 5 years but i always found an excuse not too...usually my family being sad eaters was enough to make me throw it outta my head. it stayed though and here i am!
patty

Posted by: rawnoggin ()
Date: August 16, 2007 09:29AM

OMG! Those food pictures on the site were completely amazing!!! Cheers for the link!

Posted by: Jose ()
Date: August 16, 2007 12:52PM

I've got to agree, those dishes are like works of art!

Cheers,
J

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables