Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

dreams
Posted by: mangoman ()
Date: August 04, 2007 08:43PM

I've noticed that the longer I eat only raw, the more boring my dreams become. It's beginning to really worry me. Has anyone else had a similar experience? I wanted to be scientific about it, so I did do a little experiment and added some non-raw foods. I noticed more color and action in my dreams right away. After a couple of days back on the raw diet, they went boring again. I don't like this!

Jeff

PS: I've been raw off and on for 20 years, but only recently have I done it for more than six months at a time (in case you were wondering).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: dreams
Posted by: sewraw ()
Date: August 04, 2007 09:31PM

I can't say that my dreams have changed but my overall disposition is calmer - not as anxious.

Patty

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: August 04, 2007 11:58PM

My dreams haven't changed at all. I still get the whole gamut of dreams -- prophetic in nature, scary ones, non-memorable ones, etc.

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: August 05, 2007 10:00PM

I had vivid dreams when I was juice fasting. Ususlly I don't remember my dreams.

Posted by: Starglider ()
Date: August 06, 2007 03:19AM

I've only been raw 3 months but I do think that my dreams are less vivid and I recall them less on the whole. I used to enjoy my active dream life, but now I enjoy my waking life so much more, so I'll take this trade-off!

Posted by: rawnoggin ()
Date: August 06, 2007 08:10AM

Since going raw I've been having really creepy dreams that border on being nightmares. In one night, I had about 3 dreams where I survived a terrorist attack, a flooding, and also a dream where I was in a car with my dad and the car fell from high up onto its roof (not sure if I survived or not).

I've had at least 3 bomb-related dreams as of late.

Last night I had another death-related dream, of a man falling to his death and killing the child he had with him.

Freaky. I used to have demented dreams when I went through my 'caffeine era'. Maybe this is me detoxing all that junk out...

Posted by: venusian ()
Date: August 06, 2007 09:00AM

try eating a lot of almond butter right before bed : 0
( just kidding )

Posted by: perbetty ()
Date: August 07, 2007 05:32PM

I hadn't noticed it before, but now that you mention it, I have less intense dreams now, too.

Betty

"Don't believe everything you think."

--Bumper Sticker

Posted by: nowheyjose ()
Date: August 08, 2007 01:20AM

Hmmmmmmm I was just thinking about my dreams before this was posted. I been 100% raw now 15 days and and about a month befroe that i was on medications and having strange dreams. Dreams like having your friends trying to kill you, having fights in the streets, one dream I was talking on a pay phone and someone came by robbed me at gunpoint and then shot me right in the heart, I thought I was really dead for a sec, usually in a dream when it starts getting bad you can wake yourself up, but I couldn't so I thought it was really happening... lol Another dream I woke up throwing a punch, good thing i only hit the mattress.
Since I stopped the medications and went raw Ive had such solid good sleep and don't have any recollection of any dream ever happening. Its almost like I go to sleep.
Sometimes I think maybe its all a coincidence but now im seeing the relation, who knows what were in those medications and the side effects.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 08, 2007 01:24AM

i suspect the more you go raw the less stimulants and garbage going into your system that were stressing your body out therefore your mind is quieter

go out an do exciting things while your awake and dont worry so much about your boring dreams lol smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 08, 2007 08:09AM

i had an incredible dream recently
so hard to explain
it was beautiful though

Posted by: rawdev ()
Date: August 08, 2007 06:27PM

Ahhhhh, come on La_veronique you have to explain it to us now.....................

Do some of you believe that some dreams are a depiction of something that will take place in your future/lifetime?

Why Vegan?
Because I have the most love and admiration for all animals of the earth!!!
a rawvegan hopeful, rawdev4life!!!

Posted by: inspirit ()
Date: August 08, 2007 10:37PM

"i had an incredible dream recently
so hard to explain
it was beautiful though"

Me too!

inspirit - aka coolkarma

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: August 09, 2007 01:08AM

the cooked fooder's body/mind is always attempting to detox and attempting to dream

when people are depressed they hold on to their sleep dreams as a substitute for life

when people are clean internally...and working through (or past) their emotional and thought addictions...their LIFE is a great substitute (for sleeping 'dreams'/detox) and motivator

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: August 09, 2007 04:40AM

so what does it mean if you never remember your dreams?
patty

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: August 09, 2007 04:50AM

I had the most vivid beautiful technicolor dreams the first few months that I started raw.

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: August 09, 2007 05:32AM

dewey

dunno

my point was..don't (night) sweat it

sunshine: same,

Once, I stayed temporarily at this place with a person I was VERY attracted to. I had a 'dream' that I had 'teleported' into their bed next room over...and was just hanging out, you know. no harm done. but the realism was uncanny..and I was quite sure they gave me some odd look in the morning, haha!

I also recall having very animal-like dreams, at least the kind of dreams I assume animals have...pastures, forests..very simple. as if to say..YES...here you are...keep doing whats right...go play.

now my mind usually feels very much at rest, I usually only remember dreams now if they have some kind of conflict that relates to my day to day. i'm not really interested much in the science/psychology of it..like some...but i'm sure theres lots of territory to explore (especially relating to detoxing dreams) if one wants.

Posted by: perbetty ()
Date: August 09, 2007 04:41PM

I think the unconsious mind communicates to the consious mind through dreams. I like to think the wall between my consious and unconsious is less solid now that I'm raw, and that this makes dreams less necessary for information exchange between the two.

Betty

"Don't believe everything you think."

--Bumper Sticker

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: August 10, 2007 09:46PM

I dream almost every night I think, and often my dreams are really colorful and vivid.

Sometimes I have not-so-good dreams. Sometimes I have more mediocre dreams, and sometimes I have absolutely amazing beautiful dreams.

Ocassionally I have dreams where I see how something is that I'd never seen or thought about before. Like, for instance how a person's hair looks if it gets wet and then freezes in ringlets. Or how if a person bleeds when they're lying on the ground, and then the blood dries, the leaves and moss on the ground will stick to them when they get up. I wonder where such images come from.

I have a recurring dream that I can fly. I use my arms as wings and I can really feel my arms pressing down against the air to make me rise and fly. That's always a fun dream!

Once I had a dream that I was running, and every step propelled me about 50 feet. I'd just glide through the air until I took my next step. That was a great dream!

I think I've pretty much always dreamed like that, but the last few times that I ate cooked food, I believe I had nightmares.

I'd really like to hear LaV's dream!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 10, 2007 10:07PM

I am curious if any of you raw fooders drink alcohol, as I have found that when I drink my sleep is disrupted.

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: August 10, 2007 11:52PM

i have a glass of red wine a night....something ....another thing for me to work on smiling smiley
patty

Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: August 11, 2007 08:08PM

probably you are dreaming but you do not remember.

i did a research paper on dreams while in university. there is a THEORY that the purpose of sleep is so that we can dream. and that dreaming is essential or else we would go insane. researchers have done a test where subjects were allowed to sleep but forced to wake up when dreaming began.

and then other subjects in the same study were induced into the dream stage of sleep and then woken up once the dreaming was over.

well, the results were that those who did not dream, got more sleep, but began to exhibit the typical signs of sleep deprivation. where as those who were only allowed dream sleep got less sleep but appeared completely normal with no signs of sleep deprivation.

i apologize i have no sources at this time for this info. i graduated university 7 years ago and i will have to dig up this paper. but i am not going to do that just to prove it to this forum.

i guess you can believe whatever you want. but i did have sources for my paper.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 11, 2007 09:15PM

dream to prevent insanity?
hmmm
interesting pirhouva

i agree

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: August 11, 2007 09:16PM

That's interesting pihourova.

Based on that and/or any other info that you or others might have, what do you and others think of the following:

Several of my friends are or have been long-time regular potsmokers. Every single one (so far) has told me that when smoking pot regularly, they never dream. When they quit or try to quit, they start having uncomfortably intense, or even terrible nightmares.

Has anyone else experienced that or know of anyone with a similar experience or a different experience associated with smoking pot?

Posted by: brome ()
Date: August 11, 2007 10:53PM

A meditation from Tantra Yoga leads one to consciousness during dreams and also very deep sleep, and then enlightenment. Check out #75 (Waking, Dreaming, Sleeping, Know You As Light):

[www.otantra.net]

Posted by: mangoman ()
Date: August 19, 2007 11:27PM

Yes, I've read about those studies too. Very interesting.

I always remember many dreams. Always have. They're just not as interesting now. Maybe it's just that I'm getting old! *sigh*

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: August 20, 2007 12:30AM

I always know in my dreams whether a man who comes into my life is going to be right or wrong for me... it's always a sick feeling to wake up to when the dreams say "wrong", it's upsetting when I really like the guy. But then, I'm also thankful for this early-warning system. I feel like I'm a little bit psychic about romance in my dreams.

Does this happen to other people, too?

Posted by: allone01 ()
Date: August 20, 2007 03:10AM

ive noticed since starting raw that if i drink (which ive finally given up YAY), then I sleep about 4 hours later than normal. When I go to sleep stoned I usually don't dream, but there were times before raw that i did dream. So I think there were other influences as to why i had dreams or didnt, im not sure at this point.

I had been thinking lately about how I havn't been dreaming much lately, and now more than ever have I been about 95 to 100%. this is my first year at raw so we'll see how my dreams (or lack of) evolve...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables