Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Whats for dinner?
Posted by: dafodil ()
Date: August 21, 2007 10:55PM

Im mulling over what to have for dinner....I think Im going to make a raw corn salad with lime, cilantro and red onion, and some guacamole and hummus for veggies. Its so hot I don't even want to cut the veggies! Any one else got dinner ideas?
Dafodil

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Whats for dinner?
Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: August 23, 2007 02:29AM

Yam pieces, broccoli and red peppers. Ho-hum, but I like to eat, so I'm usually happy enough with simple stuff. Yours does sound better, though.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: August 23, 2007 04:43AM

I like smoothies for dinner.
Tonight I had avocado salsa

Posted by: vegcase ()
Date: August 23, 2007 04:44AM

to dafodil- (or anyone else), how do you make "raw corn"? Is the corn not too hard to consume raw?

to aquadecoco- same question about the yams...

Posted by: dafodil ()
Date: August 23, 2007 04:49AM

The corn salad was yummy, and no I have not had any problems digesting it, or what not. Its very crunchy and sweet, the texture reminds me a bit of jicamma. I had it with guacamole and hummus. I added edamamme to it, so it was really good.

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: August 23, 2007 05:59AM

Raw corn is waayy tastier than cooked and usually much easier to eat. The kernels are sweet and creamy and softer than cooked.

I tried raw yams after reading about it here, and yes they're good. In season they're slightly juicy. I like the carbs and they're good for dipping, or grated into salad. (Raw potatoes on the other hand, are nasty!)

Raw broccoli is one of my favourites, especially the stems (peeled).

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 23, 2007 02:30PM

i love raw corn smiling smiley our corn field finally came ready yesterday and i ate 2 cobs right in the field smiling smiley lol

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: August 23, 2007 02:42PM

>>our corn field finally came ready yesterday and i ate 2 cobs right in the field smiling smiley lol<<

nice!

Posted by: Azure-Mermaid ()
Date: August 23, 2007 04:28PM

I'm so glad you guys mentioned raw corn! We went to the farmer's market a few days ago, and I had completely forgotten that I'd bought corn! Must have it in my lunchtime salad today! I agree that raw corn is much tastier than cooked, and strangely enough - easier for me to digest!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables