Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Help, has anyone had this problem when detoxing?
Posted by: nannie11 ()
Date: August 21, 2007 01:39PM

I am very concerned this morning as of yesterday evening I was having frequent BM and I started to notice a faint red color in the toilet. I thought maybe it was the beet that I had had the day before and maybe it was. Each time I had a BM it was the same and then I started to notice a faint pink color in my urine. Well, I still thought it was the beet as I felt alright just a litlle weak from detoxing so much. Now today I just had another BM and it was there again. I am starting to get a little nervouse about this. I had a colonoscopy within the last year and everything was great. Has anyone else ever had this happen to them?
Is this normal? Should I be concerned?

I have been drinking green smoothies for Breakfast ( Romaine, Spinach, Cabbage, Kale, bananas, straberries) Then fruit and veggies for lunch and snacks. Salad for dinner and chocolate pie ( avo/carob powder, dates/ nuts (4 crust)

If anyone has had this happen or if this is a normal part of detoxing please let me know.

thank you

JoAnn

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Help, has anyone had this problem when detoxing?
Posted by: khale ()
Date: August 21, 2007 02:06PM

It is most likely the beets. But if the red continues another day or so I'd look into other possibilities as the beet shouldn't takes days and days to flush out of your system.

khale

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: August 21, 2007 02:08PM

I agree exactly with khale from my experience.

Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: August 21, 2007 02:14PM

i think i would be very concerned if my urine was pink.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: August 21, 2007 02:41PM

I had major pink urine from beet juice. I read on this forum about this before. I wish I could remember the info someone gave about beets causing more color in your waste if you are deficient in something. After it stops coloring your toilet you might want to try eating more of them. It could be you needed those beets. I wish I could remember what that person wrote. Sorry sad smiley

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: August 21, 2007 03:04PM

Beets will definitely turn your eliminations pink. Even your urine can sometimes be tinged slightly pink. Not to worry.

Posted by: lemoned ()
Date: August 21, 2007 03:23PM

I had pink urine etc for several days after beets, it doesn't seem to leave the system that quickly. I wouldn't worry.

Posted by: dafodil ()
Date: August 21, 2007 07:39PM

Its the BEETS!!! When it first happened to me I freaked out...called the doc and everything...no one told me (and why would they? lol) that beets make everything pink...bright pink...it goes away in a few days...
Dafodil

Posted by: nannie11 ()
Date: August 21, 2007 08:11PM

Hello everyone:

I just want to thank all of your for your help. I was really getting scared but I now feel much better and know it was the beet that I ate two days ago. I have never felt so good and am really enjoying this life style. I am now ready to go ahead and eat beets again without worry.

It is so nice to know that there is so much support out there to give you help and guidance when you need it.

thank you very much:

JoAnn

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: August 23, 2007 04:42AM

Thanks for sharing that. Umm it is the beet juice.

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: August 24, 2007 01:38AM

I agree. an important part about detox is to NOT freak out over every little thing and to think VERY logical at times.

if the beet juice caused discoloration in your BM and urine soon after intake..its probably a good sign of elimination actually.

it could be your thoughts...

[www.writerwriterwriter.com]
[www.lulu.com]

short and sweet....and DEEP

_____________________________________________________ ...and FREE

Posted by: rawnora ()
Date: August 24, 2007 03:26AM

"an important part about detox is to NOT freak out over every little thing..."

YES! Don't look at your feces at all unless you are fully prepared to ignore what you see there. Don't obsess over what is "normal". "Normal" is a combination of the condition of your body and the indigestible waste left over from the food choices you make. It's entirely relative. Further, looking for signs of disease in the toilet is for the cooked world. Disease does not progress when its causes are discontinued.

In addition, transit time is very slow in the cooked food eater and the new raw fooder. It can take many days for a food to be entirely eliminated.

Best wishes,
Nora
www.RawSchool.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables