Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Drinking Water
Posted by: selenes512 ()
Date: August 27, 2007 06:14PM

Whenever I am eating a raw diet I find that I basically stop drinking water. Right now I am mostly only eating fruit, and I just dont feel very thirsty, and when I do I usually just eat a piece of fruit and it goes away. Is this bad for me? Am I dehydrating myself? I dont think I've had more than 2 glasses of water per day in about a week, if not less. Still, I'm not thirsty at all. Does anybody else find they need less water? Should I be forcing myself to drink more?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Drinking Water
Posted by: shaine ()
Date: August 27, 2007 06:42PM

yeah, I definitely drink less water--especially with higher fruit proportions.

I think it's important to get enough water, even if you aren't thirsty. I tend to eat thinking I'm hungry, when really I'm just thirsty.

I've read that you should drink water around the time that you're eating--it dilutes the enzymes. But trying to drink only when there's nothing in my stomach is impossible--I eat constantly.

I fill a 1.5 bottle and try to drink it throughout the day.
I also find that tea goes down easier when I'm not that into water.

measure twice, cut once.

"In Watermelon Sugar the deeds were done and done again as my life is done in watermelon sugar." ~r.brautigan

I make paintings

Date: August 27, 2007 07:00PM

Thats a good idea, I bet that would help me get more water down. I'll try filling up a big bottle in the morning. Thanks!

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: August 27, 2007 11:29PM

I have eaten all fruit for many years now.....and I drink NO water when I am eating. I will drink water when fasting. It is rather amazing if you stop to think about it. ...heh..heh......kind of magic! winking smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: August 27, 2007 11:32PM

if you are drinking water in the morning. your stomach should (should) be empty no? Usually if I am very active I turn to fruits instead of water when finished, but there should be no need to eat when thirsty, fruit leaves the stomach fairly quickly, so a few hours after eating fruit should be fine for drinking.

to answer the original post: no, hard to say, yes, no

it could be your thoughts...

[www.writerwriterwriter.com]
[www.lulu.com]

short and sweet....and DEEP

_____________________________________________________ ...and FREE

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2007 11:45PM by anaken.

Date: August 27, 2007 11:42PM

David

You really drink no water at all?

I feel like I could stop drinking water...I mean, I sit down with a whole melon for lunch, after that I have to pee like crazy! So I must be getting hydrated.

If you dont mind, could you tell me what a typical day is like for you and what fruits you eat the most/how much? When I am raw I naturally gravitate to an all or almost all fruit diet, I know you are a seasoned fruitarian so any tips would be great!

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: August 27, 2007 11:49PM

as far as not drinking water what about flushing out toxins?
patty

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: August 28, 2007 02:39AM

Apparently Bryan, one of the forum moderators only drinks about 1 glass a month.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: August 28, 2007 03:04AM

Before raw I used to carry a water bottle with me at all times and drink through the day. Once I wnent raw and started eating lots of juicy fruit, I discovered that I didn't need to do it anymore. Furthermore, to my absolute amazement, despite not drinking water in amounts anywhere near to the past levels, I discovered that my body was properly hydrated for the first time!

To me, being properly hydrated is the top benefit of eating fruit-plentiful raw diet.

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables