Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Do you think you should have to be 100% if you make your living off of Raw?
Posted by: rawveggiemom ()
Date: August 21, 2007 06:09PM

Hi
I was just wondering what people's opinion is about being 100% and making your living on raw. I think if you are making money off people and that is your buisness telling people they should be raw that you should be 100%. But I was wondering what others thought of this. Do you think it is hypocritical to make a living off selling raw and then eating cooked food secretly?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think you should have to be 100% if you make your living off of Raw?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 21, 2007 06:36PM

I suppose it depends what/how they are teaching.

If they're advocating that a raw diet is a healthy alternative to the SAD diet, not necessarily advocating 100%, then I see no readon why they can't eat a partial raw diet and also make a living from it.

Afterall a 50% raw diet is healthier than a 0% raw diet & every little piece is a stepping stone.

My 2 cents.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2007 06:39PM by ecosaige.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 21, 2007 06:55PM

Question: Do you think it is hypocritical to make a living off selling raw and then eating cooked food secretly?

if the person is claiming one thing and doing another then yes .. it is hypocritcal smiling smiley and deceitfull

Question: do you think you should have to be 100% to teach raw?

no i dont think so ..teach/share what you know up to whatever point you are.

so many people (especially people trying to lose weight) put alot of faith into what they see and read .. and if someone is portraying something that their not then its nothing but a big fat lie

if your 100% teach the benefits of 100% if your 50% teach the benefits of 50%

walk the walk .. talk the talk !

smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2007 06:57PM by Jgunn.

Posted by: esisser ()
Date: August 21, 2007 06:57PM

I feel this is a great question! I think there are in a way two separate issues (although they DO often overlap):

1) Should a person be "100%" raw if they are teaching others about the raw food diet.

2) Should someone be raw if they are making money by selling raw products.

With regards to 1) I feel a person should be sincere before they start teaching others. This doesnt mean they are perfect, but they should be really working on their own food "baggage" before teaching others how to do so. Ultimately setting an example is the best way to teach (just look at F1, Bryan, and others). Instead of just drawing on intellectual knowledge "about" raw foods, we should be able to draw on personal experiences (memories of real life events that happened within us) to "teach", or draw out the wisdom, within others.

With regards to 2) Ideally, someone who sells something should believe in their product fully and maybe even use it themselves, but that doesnt always happen. But why does it even matter if someone who sells raw products is actually raw? On the one hand, it doesnt matter, because the results are all that matter. Maybe a drug addict just happened to create a beautiful new raw treat, or maybe a depressed person miraculously created a holistic way to heal others. So all we can look at are the results. On the other hand, this doesnt happen often, does it (this isn't a rhetorical question)? Usually, whatever is in a person's heart will manifest through their product. Just look at Dr. Schulze. He's a great example of perseverance, sincerity, dedication, etc. On a similar note, when we buy "organic" foods from Driscoll's, can we really trust them, since they are such a huge corporation that uses pesticides in other products?

Just some random thoughts.... i hope to read yours! Much love, Ethan

"Real religion is the discovery of your authentic nature... it is your own discovery... only when you will be your own discovery will you be able to consider yourself a religious being... a religious soul..."

Date: August 21, 2007 06:58PM

I think Guru's should mean what you say and say what you mean!

There's no point in taking everyones money claiming to be 100% raw when they are not practising what they preach....that's not being honest and it's giving information that may harm the people they are fooling!

F1

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: August 21, 2007 07:11PM

Correct - I agree with everyone. If the person CLAIMS to be 100% and isn't....that's a problem. If not, then I think they have a perfect right to make a living if they have been successful....and raw has helped them......to promote raw.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: August 22, 2007 12:23AM

I agree with dzm and f1 and the others.

Medical doctors may abuse prescription drugs themselves, but still take care to give their patients the best dosage, gourmet chefs go home and open a can of soup, etc. People don't live up to ideals.

Posted by: arilraw ()
Date: August 25, 2007 05:24PM

Hello,

If I market myself as raw, and I live raw, then I'm fine; if I'm living hypocritically, then I'm not.

This reminds me of a story. Comfortable?

I was working out at a name-brand gym one summer, and everything was fine; one morning, I arrive five minutes before the doors open, and I noticed the doors were open, so, naturally, I walked in, ready for my workout.

Well, I just happen to glance into the mirror that's hung on the wall in front of me just before I'm about to begin squatting, and what do I see? The owner eating a big Mc Donald's breakfast!

Funny. That dufus had the cojones to have a membership drive three months before he closed the doors to that gym, and two weeks later, he's has an open house to sell all the gym's equipment. Come to find out, he ran-off to the State of Colorado.

Word has it a few of the former members from the gym ran into that Mc Donald's-eatin'-dufus while they were enjoying themselves on an unexpected trip to Colorado. I didn't press them for any details as I really just liked workin'-out with them most morings at the new gym that we seemed to have had as a home that summer.

Thanks,

arilraw

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: August 25, 2007 07:56PM

It's whether or not you wat to have integrity

Posted by: rosemary ()
Date: August 28, 2007 05:25PM

Cousens says he's 95%, and this is a good aim to prevent negative perfectionism.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables