Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I'll eat anything that doesn't taste good if . . . . .
Posted by: roxeli ()
Date: August 25, 2007 03:48AM

I'll eat anything that doesn't taste good IF I know it's good for me.

My family won't eat most of the greens and veggies that I eat because it's not palatable enough for them. Today I was munching on fresh arugula. I shared some with my husband and daughter and they both spit it out.

Although, arugula is not the tastiest thing I've ever eaten, I didn't find the taste quite as offensive as they did, partly because I know it's good for me.

Anyone else the same way?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I'll eat anything that doesn't taste good if . . . . .
Posted by: learningtofly ()
Date: August 25, 2007 04:08AM

Actually IMO if something in its raw state doesn't taste good, it may be a sign that it isn't ideal for our bodies.

The exception may be using bitter and spicy foods for therapeutic reasons (for anti-parasitic purposes, for example).

Best wishes.

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: August 25, 2007 11:48AM

Yes I'm like that.

I know that tastes are part of our conditioning and I don't mind retraining my taste buds.

Posted by: khale ()
Date: August 25, 2007 12:23PM

I'm very much the same way. But there are at least two types of taste. A banana always tastes good, for example, but it doesn't always taste right.

But yes, I'll eat anything if its good for me so long as it tastes "right" whether it tastes "good" or not.

khale

Date: August 25, 2007 01:47PM

khale Wrote:
But there are at least
> two types of taste. A banana always tastes good,
> for example, but it doesn't always taste right.

Do you mean it might not be the right thing to eat at the time? (maybe it's too early for me to think clearly)

Posted by: khale ()
Date: August 25, 2007 02:00PM

aquadecoco wrote:

"Do you mean it might not be the right thing to eat at the time?"

Yep, pretty much.

hey, I'm doing the castor oil packs that you recommended. thanks again for that.

khale

Date: August 25, 2007 04:20PM

Are you feeling better Khale?

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: August 28, 2007 03:11AM

I reckon that as Aqua says, tastes are very much a subject of conditioning.
In our day and age there are people who eat and like only processed foods and only have a bit of fruit here and there.
This doesn't make processed food good for them any more than it makes greens bad for you if you don't like them IMO.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: August 28, 2007 04:08AM

I wouldn't eat something that taste bad. I want only the good stuff! smiling smiley

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: August 28, 2007 10:52AM

I am discovering many new tastes in eating raw foods. I enjoy the seed cheese and shared it with my brave family and they spewed it out. I made soem rejuvelac and most people don'tlike the flavor of it. I have been eating raw squash and really enjoy the mild flavour. I never enjoyed tomatos but now they are so good. My taste buds have changed so much. I have not enjoyed the sea weeds yet though. I made something with dulse in it and I could'nt eat it. I know it is good for me and will make another attempt to eat it but it really tasts bad to me.

Date: August 28, 2007 12:23PM

For me, recipes are a different matter.

If a recipe doesn't taste good, I probably won't eat it.

But I'll 'suffer' through not enjoying a plain raw food in order to retrain my taste buds, if it's good for me.

Posted by: Azure-Mermaid ()
Date: August 28, 2007 02:30PM

If something is really, really not pleasant-tasting to me, I won't eat it. If it's something that's merely "different", however, I do try to retrain my palate somewhat. For instance, last night my husband made a green smoothie using collard greens and mango. A strange combination, to be sure. When he first took the lid off the blender, I took a whiff and the smell was horrid. But I tasted it, and it wasn't half bad. It wasn't the most delicious thing I've ever had, but it was definitely drinkable.

Of course, a few hours later as I lie in bed watching a bit of telly, my mouth was watering at commercials showing French fries. I definitely want to recondition my palate AWAY from that kind of crap!

Posted by: roxeli ()
Date: August 30, 2007 06:23AM

Eating raw does retrain the taste buds. My daughter suddenly decided she likes kiwis even though she hated them before. She always picked the kiwi out of her tropical fruit salad. Can you imagine that? Someone hating kiwis?

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: August 30, 2007 07:59AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables