Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Chlorella and B12 absorption
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 30, 2007 02:41AM

According to Brian Clement at Hippocrates Health Institute 60% of Americans are deficient in B12. Although rawfooders tend to have strong belief systems there is no reason to be in denial, vitamin B12 deficiency is most likely a problem for many rawfooders as well. From the scientific literature there are classical reports of B12 deficiency among vegans and vegetarians. Some experiments seem to indicate that Chlorella could reduce vitamin B12 deficiency. My question is: has anyone on this board experienced normalized B12 levels (improved absorption) after Chlorella supplementation.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Chlorella and B12 absorption
Posted by: jono ()
Date: August 30, 2007 02:46AM

I dont know if chlorella contains b12, but if my brain serves me right, chlorella is said to increase growth of beneficial bacteria. And beneficial bacteria are thought to produce some amount of b12. Thus supplementing with chlorella may improve endogenous b12 production.

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: August 30, 2007 06:24PM

I think I was B12 deficient and used to take it alot.

It was interesting to read yours and Bryan's posts about the impoverished soil our food is grown in and the link to our diets lacking the helpful bacteria. If this is true, it satisfies the big question about humans being herbivorous rather than carnivorous (well, it satisfies me anyway).

jono have you ever had a problem with B12?

Is that why you did so much reading up on it?

Posted by: jono ()
Date: August 31, 2007 01:52AM

aquadecoco, nah, im not vegan so dont have a problem with B12. i just generally do a lot of reading on health and nutrition, im weird like that smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables