Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Cleansing
Posted by: rosemary ()
Date: September 03, 2007 01:42PM

Hi I would like to try a gentle cleanse using psyllium and inexpensive herbs that I can buy myself and mix up. I have never tried a cleanse before and was doubtful about excreted ropes of mucus that people have said they have heard about.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cleansing
Posted by: rosemary ()
Date: September 03, 2007 01:59PM

is bentonite the same as fullers earth. do i have to take bentonite in a liquid form?

Posted by: Arkay ()
Date: September 04, 2007 07:57PM

Psyllium husks are a high-fiber substance (the ground-up outer coatings of psyllium seeds) conatining both soluble and insoluble (but mostly insoluble) fiber, that "pushes" and "scours" as well as absorbs, on its way through the tract.

Bentonite is a natural clay that, due to its microscopic crystalline stucture, is VERY absorbent. It is used to make cement waterproof: when mixed into cement, when water comes along, the bentonite absorbs it and swells slightly, effectively sealing the cement and preventing any more water from getting through. In your gut, it similarly absorbs a lot of substances, including both toxins and to a fair extent, nutrients and such. It doesn't distinguish; it just likes to absorb.

To be safe, use only HYDRATED bentonite that is specifically sold for internal consumption. It is like a kind of clean/pleasant MUD, which should be taken as a small amount (no more than a teaspoon) stirred into a glass of water. Otherwise, it can absorb so much water from YOU that it may damage the lining of your tract. Some of the other commercial bentonites have traces of other things in them like metals that can be somewhat toxid to humans.

Incidentally, the Dioctahedral Smectite that hospitals administer to patients with diarrhea and food poisoning is essentially just a highly purified form of Bentonite. It is much more powerful than Kaopectate (Kaolin and Pectin) which was previously the most common prescription.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: September 04, 2007 10:01PM

I think aluminum is the metal found in bentonite. Say hello to alzheimers.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables