Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw Food Calorie Counter??
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 08, 2007 05:32PM

I apologize in advance as i have posted this in another catagory, seems a little more relevant to repost under this one.

I recently posted about my need to gain weight, and my limited knowledge of ingredients has made this tremendously difficult. I've been looking for a calorie counter which I could use to sum the calories of a given recipe so I can beeter manage my diet in order to maximixe my caloric intake. All of the calorie counters I have found online tend to have a very limited database, and most are geared towards franchise restaurants. Can anyone recommend a really good counter or reference guide/book which has the most complete library of ingredients? Especially RAW! Thanks for any advice or info!

-Kent

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw Food Calorie Counter??
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: September 08, 2007 05:43PM

Have you tried fitday, nutritiondata, nutridiary, and Cron-o-Meter. The first 3 are websites, and the last one is a Java application that runs on Windows/Macintosh/Linux, although on Windows, you'll need to follow the direction on how to download Java.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 09, 2007 05:18PM

Thanks for the reply!

I have tried using nutritiondata, but some items had no raw listing. I'll take a look at the other three options for sure! Thanks again!

-Kent

Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: September 09, 2007 06:28PM

This USDA site (from usda.gov) also allows you to input food items to get a breakdown of ingredients. You don't get additional interpretations of your intake that may be available on some of the sites mentioned above.

MyPyramid Tracker at mypyramid.gov also allows you to keep up with your calories and other nutrients from your dietary intake.

Wishing you vibrant health

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables